1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Alacrity, why am I getting .1 three times in a row

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Strawberry Pie, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Strawberry Pie

Strawberry Pie Adventurer

Hi, my first time using a alacrity and I got this so far, I wrote the numbers down,

why have I been getting only .1 the last 3 times, I read on uoguide it says:

'15 minute period of enhanced skillgain during which if they would normally gain .1, they will gain .2 to .5 points in that skill'

I'd just like to know if they are broken right now cause I won't use another one if it is, till its fixed. This one I'm on now only has 3 mins left so.

Also I play siege, just in case anyone wanted to know
    'Skill points for skills between 100 and 109.9 will have a delay of 15 minutes between points gained'
    Thank you :)

#1 Strawberry Pie, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  2. Garrett.

Garrett. Journeyman

RNG... The luck of the draw as to what gain you get. And looks like you've been unlucky 3 times in a row :)

3. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

naw... with soa's mid should be .2

dont know what's wrong ...

4. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

It's not the RNG, alacrity scrolls guarantee it to be a .2 - .5 gain during those 15 mins. Are you sure you were still under the 15 minute timer? Good way to tell is your buff bar as we have an icon to show us now. It does not show us how much time is left but it does show if we are still under the effect of the scroll.

azmodanb likes this.
  5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Are you sure the .1s were in the same skill? It's perfectly possible to gain, for example, .1s in tactics while running a swords alacrity

6. Strawberry Pie

Strawberry Pie Adventurer

hi thanks for the replies :)

I think I figured it out, see I used the scroll while in classic client, gated to a taming spot tamed 1 animal and gated directly back (time approximatly 1 1/2 mins) then logged but the game wouldn't put me out of game for another 1 1/2 mins = 3 mins per taming. I went after the first taming and used enhanced client where I saw the timer in minutes and the log out timer time. What I think happened to throw the enhanced client timer out was that I had used the scroll in classic which put the enhanced client timer out by 2 tamings of 6mins. Classic does not show it anymore, enhanced has it at 2 mins when I logged in.

thank you again for replies :)