1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

alert alert fishing info imporatant

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by bjornef, Apr 3, 2010.

1. bjornef

bjornef Guest

i was out fishing for a hour to day and kinda desided to sell some fish steaks that was raw seems not many do that as i sold 1200 and got 160,000 gold for them aprocs

starting price was 62 gp a one and wen i was done i got 60 gp a one now thats pritty good if you ask me

figured i let you all know so that no more of them old players let them pore jung fishers fish and give it to them for free

i sold my fish in brit tram but i guess allot of towns offer good price on fish steaks raw ones might even give good price for boild ones not sure did not try

be sure to cut them as hole fish only sold for 5 gp so thats no good:gee:

2. The Mule

The Mule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Who did you sell them to? "You have nothing I would be interested in" is the common reply. The cooks offered 2gp each.

3. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

I'm thinks he sold em to the striped caterpillar sitting atop the giant mushroom puffing on the opium next to the melting painting.:lol:

4. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'd have to agree, dbl checked all cooks and fishers couldn't get anyone to offer more than 2gp for a fish steak.

5. Liquid_Ape

Liquid_Ape Guest

I can't seem to make these numbers add up. If you got 160,000 for 1200 then that is 133 gp per each on average. Where does the 62gp to 60gp come into this?

Something smells a little ...... fishy?

*ducks*

6. bjornef

bjornef Guest

o forgot to say i got all my fish in fel and kinda sold them in trammel did you guys do the same ?

7. bjornef

bjornef Guest

also i did say aprocs meaning i did not count over much only figured i got some close

well again i fished them in fel and sold them in tram so if thats some that helps then let me know

8. The Mule

The Mule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I generally fish in Fel. Think I'm going to put this one as one of those fish tales we keep hearing about... Its too easy for gold farming to be those numbers...

9. Vertigo

Vertigo Guest

That doesn't help much. What shard are you on and what npc did you sell to?
    We need a name or a shop and a city. You are far too vague. On purpose? Hmmmmm.

10. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

On ATL I also find them only buying for 2 gp Each Tram or fel

Possibly he found a vendor that somone just bought them up just before he sold his off. But 62 each is just an INSANE amount.

11. bjornef

bjornef Guest

well dont belive me i dont care i just keap selling my fish i guess :-9 i did it to more hten one vendor so dont realy mather i play on euro btw

12. The Mule

The Mule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Care to meet me in game and show?

13. bjornef

bjornef Guest

man ither my fisher man is magic and get more money then yours do or your on drugs and dont realy know what ya doing any way i fished my fish in fel sold it for at start 62 gp a one and after some 1000s i got 58 if you get less then that it means some fishers already bean there and farmed the spot

so id say why would i bother meat you in game your not my friend and i am not your mum so belive exsectly what ever you like i dont give a rats a--s abouth it

and if you think its a fishing story then exsetra exsetra go fish some more and fish fish fish and so on

14. The Mule

The Mule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You post some far fetched info that you cant prove. Others on here have tried selling their fish the same as you have we all come to the same conclusion.. 2gp. When asked to show, you get defensive. "your not my friend and i am not your mum"... You are the one that has told everyone about it. All we ask is... prove it.

I think I will. And Ill post when I get 160,000 gp by fishing 20,000 fish...

20,000 fish*4 steaks per fish....Ill even post a picture to prove my feat. Care to make a challenge out of it?

15. Vertigo

Vertigo Guest

Don't bother.
    Obvious troll post is obvious.

16. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

And just tonight I was reeling in a fish that weighed 956 stones.....but it got away. :(

17. I think at least some of these kinds of posts are due to people who are shills trying to bring players to freeshards. He was probably on a freeshard where he got the 62 gold for a fishsteak.

18. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wish i could cooked steaks for a better price too. :)

I got 1.5mil cooked steaks in my fishing abode ....