1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Alert: Possible Problems With "Friends" Locking Down Items

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tina Small, May 12, 2011.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

If you have a character that has locked down an item or container in a house where the character is only a "friend," it sounds as if that character may have problems unlocking/accessing that item or container in the future. There was some speculation earlier that the problem was tied into using detect hidden skill ; however, based on later reports, that is beginning to seem unlikely. Something may have changed in the game's coding so that the "owner" who locked down an item is defaulting/changing to the house owner as far as access rights to the item/container is concerned.

Two threads on this issue are growing in UHall:

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/242013-careful-when-locking-down-items-your-house.html

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/242019-friend-lockdown-bug.html

2. AtlanticVlad

Stratics Veteran

I'm wagering a guess that this has something to do with the devs attempt at secretly fixing the house looting thats been going on...

3. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

is that house looting a real bug or just 1 persons messup?

if real do we know anyway to block it?

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This is my guess too.

5. LoL/Sonoma

LoL/Sonoma Guest

The question is, did causing this bug actually fix the other. If so, a good trade for now. =)

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

My theory (and it is only a theory) is that since the bug related to 'friended' chars being able to do things they shouldn't be able to, some permissions granted to friended characters has been temporarily blocked to avoid anyone else losing items until a more permanent solution can be found, tested and implemented.

7. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It may be cautious, but I have noticed all the methods of lockdown, secure this, etc... may be having some difficulty working...everyone should check the container to see if it says 'locked down' or 'secure and locked down' .
    If not try again until it does, else place items elsewhere. I think there may be a problem with the targeting of the mouse is the problem. Or, I am just clumsy. Hard to know which.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

ps. It may be necessary to avoid locking down items directly to the floor, always use a container.

8. LoL/Sonoma

LoL/Sonoma Guest

Makes me glad that i routinely scrub my friends list. =)

Friends list for me is just a list of temporary access and gets deleted once the visitor leaves... Guild would find this a bit more challenging i'll bet