1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Alert: Tsunami Warning for Hawaii, US West Coast & Other Areas

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kat, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

In case you haven't heard, Japan had an 8.9 earthquake around 9:46 PM US West Coast time!

If you have friends or family in either area, it may be worth a phone call to give them a heads up so they can get to higher ground, if necessary. That is especially true for folks in the Hawaiian Islands. Tune in to The Weather Channel or another news channel for more info!

Just thought some of you might be playing or cruising the forums and haven't heard. I hope the threat to these areas aren't as bad as they are making it out to be.

T&P to folks in Japan and other potentially affected areas.

2. Symma

Symma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A trending topic on Twitter was that one of the presenters on CNN was giggling about monster movies. Hope thats not true.

I know a few people in Japan so my thoughts are with them :(

3. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

Thanks Kat.

I have a good friend in Singapore so I sent her a warning and we chatted on skype for a half hour. Nice morning.

Newt

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

It is gonna be pretty bad... 6' waves just hit Hawaii.

5. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

The images out of Japan are just horrific! The initial footage out of Hawaii doesn't look too bad, but its just started.

My little pink-wrapped alarm clock kept waking me up every three hours or so last night, but she and the folks at The Weather Channel were pretty good company!

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

It is more terrible than initially thought... We, as a world, really need to get our **** together. Too much time, effort and resources are wasted on senseless things.

This is world altering catastrophic stuff. Whether it is Japan, Haiti, or Spokane...

I fear it will not happen in my lifetime. Hell. we can not even play a game together. I will hush now. Just saying...

(Note to all. OT topics are welcome here as long as they abide by the rules set forth by Stratics. I must enforce those you know)

7. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

8. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That was no techtonic shift it WAS godzilla.

Take heart kelmo there are still tons of people who donate time, money, goods and or whatever else is needed when things like this happen.