1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

All about joining a guild.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by imported_OldAsTheHills, Dec 20, 2007.

1. I am asking two questions here:
    1. How do individual players attempt to join a guild?
    It is never as simple as just asking someone!
    2. How do guild masters and guild membership allow individual players
    approach to make an attempt to join?

Regardless, I wish to hear about that hand shaking process of join a guild.
    I expect to hear about players experience when they made the attempt.
    I also expect to hear from Guild masters what is their policy for new people to shard
    and their policy for old people to the shard.
    and I also expect non-sense from everyone else.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

2. meeb hav bubhosh inishiashun dance dat da gruntees muz do...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

once a long time ago I tried to join VMP, but I couldn't get them to stop res killing me to talk.

I have noticed some guilds are easy to get into, for a reason. the take anybody type guilds are nice to a point , they tend to stay at a certain level

I have issues with talking ingame anyway, and I am actually quite shy in vent. Probably why I am still solo, hehe

on prodo shard I was in 1 guild for 2 years , then it went belly up. I bounced from crappy guild to crappy guild and shard to shard , till I landed here(siege)

I just can't get the same heroin fix that I got from my first guild.

4. <blockquote><hr>

meeb hav bubhosh inishiashun dance dat da gruntees muz do...

[/ QUOTE ]
    My Translation is: me have ............inituation dance what the gruntees must do...

bubhosh = ?

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

5. Are you saying that some of the guilds require you do use other programs?
    *stares*
    Yahaxithonix

6. Guest

Guest Guest

uh , other programs such as vent or uoautomap

I'm not sure what you mean , I didn't think iI eluded to anything like that

7. Well, Co-Gm of Koc---
    if we dont know you and are recruiting which we arnt, we would ask you to roll with us in game for a while to see if you have a "sell out" fighting style that we are looking for, so to answer your question, in guard zone let em know your interested, and offer to role with them, and show em what you have. If its a good fit they will except ya, Im speaking from our standards, You dont have to be the best pvper, that comes in time, we dont want people like Monoliths and Verumns, they get into a little trouble and leave there guild hanging high and dry, they have to have the advantage at all times, crap like that, we wont take people with piss poor character like that. We consider that kind of player the bottom feeders of the shard.

Cupcake 4 U!

8. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

get to know people in the guild?

9. <blockquote><hr>

uh , other programs such as vent or uoautomap

I'm not sure what you mean , I didn't think iI eluded to anything like that

[/ QUOTE ]
    You mention that you were shy in vent... apparently you use it... I was just
    wondering if it was required... apparently... not!

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

10. Thank you for your openness.
    *stares*
    Yahaxithonix

11. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
    I am sure people can sometimes get to know people already in the guild, but
    that is not necessary possible.
    How far should a person negotate?

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

12. prostkr

prostkr Guest

Id say most of it comes from the boards, running with the guild you would like to join....and having someone in the guild willing to sponcer you in.......

Siege is a small space with a small community, everyone has had dealings with just about everyone else at one time or another, and most of the new folks are brought here by someone already accepted here.

and i was peeking into you pack last nite Mr. Yahaxithonix, please clean out your pack.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

1. It is as easy as asking.

2. Reputation is what makes a difference for veterans players. As for new people, sometimes it takes a leap of faith.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I just show them my awesome pvp skills until they are begging me to join.

15. <blockquote><hr>

Id say most of it comes from the boards, running with the guild you would like to join....and having someone in the guild willing to sponcer you in.......

Siege is a small space with a small community, everyone has had dealings with just about everyone else at one time or another, and most of the new folks are brought here by someone already accepted here.

and i was peeking into you pack last nite Mr. Yahaxithonix, please clean out your pack.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I do not ask to join a guild, I just want to ask a general question for others so
    that others may gain some insight into guilds and not to running into foul troubles. I hope new people do well on Siege Perilous.

I have a soft heart for thieves, of course, I will call the guards if I see you steal
    from me...but the developers need to give thieves something more to do on
    SP then just steal Sigils from towns.
    As for my backpack...which of my items I should trash? Shall I get rid of those
    Soul fragment tokens or those S-frags with skills on it. Shall I get rid of the
    Tubs, or those finished quest items!? Perhaps, I should trash the commodity deeds that I filled? Oh, I guess I do not need the regs for Magery. The bank
    vault is full! When I find something... I just have to choose what to keep...
    If you steal it...then it is not mine anymore. [​IMG]
    *stares*
    Yahaxithonix

16. <blockquote><hr>

1. It is as easy as asking.

2. Reputation is what makes a difference for veterans players. As for new people, sometimes it takes a leap of faith.

[/ QUOTE ]Reputation implies getting
    noticed. It does seem that is the reason for continuous activities at Luna.
    It seems reasonable that either the player does pvp well, does pvm for group
    activities such as Champion spawns, peerless spawns, or has wealth and
    deals with trading items, or has guild usable skills mostly crafting! Nothing
    else is looked upon as reputable. You agree?
    *stares*
    Yahaxithonix

17. <blockquote><hr>

I just show them my awesome pvp skills until they are begging me to join.

[/ QUOTE ] *nods* [​IMG]
    *stares*
    Yahaxithonix

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I just flip a coin.

19. <blockquote><hr>

I just flip a coin.

[/ QUOTE ]So anyone has a 50% chance of getting
    into your guild?
    *stares*
    Yahaxithonix

20. Guest

Guest Guest

bubhosh = great.

And I asked by Stratics PM.

21. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

Or *pause* ... You can always stay solo, that way you have more targets than anyone else. More targets = more fights, and mmore fights = more fun. [​IMG]

22. kulssin

kulssin Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

Been out of the loop a while now.. but, seems to me there is less "clique" behavior going on these days so it shouldn't be as painful as was 3 years ago. Hell, back then you could request a guild invite after hanging with a guild for months and be denied cause somebody in their ranks didn't like you.

Seems more diplomatic to me these days.

23. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Or *pause* ... You can always stay solo, that way you have more targets than anyone else. More targets = more fights, and mmore fights = more fun. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

IF you only want to PVP, in order to survive in this game(provided you are not buying your gold) you will need to do a bit of PVM, when was the last solo peerless you have done on siege?