1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

All accounts need to be set to free

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Guest, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

This really is just getting a tad ridiculous. Costs were minimal when TSO was
    in beta, so what makes EALand any better?? Why in the world are we being
    charged to go through this day in and day out? It is ok to deal with if there
    were some light at the end of the corridor, a pot of gold at the end of the
    rainbow, but the changes that are constantly ongoing are a little hard to take
    when your paying for them. Every time we have down time like this, i try to
    say "hey, its all for the better and brighter future" But there doesnt seem to
    be an end! Does anyone have any idea when we can expect to have that
    great game we have been told about? I do not see it. Why not just stop
    charging us for this frustrating time period? It would be a heck of a lot
    easier to take all the changes and the downtime. Im not sure how long we
    have been down today because i wasnt here earlier but i personally have
    been trying to log on for 6 hours this time. Last time it was a full day. And
    forget the fact that i have to shut down and restart several times a day. I
    mean seriously is that going to be the norm? Can the servers seriously not
    handle a few people logged on??? Come on already and get with the
    program people sheesh. I have played a few games with much better
    graphics, i could cop a squat and sit on the game all dang day and night if i
    wanted to without being booted off every fifteen minutes, and lag was
    minimal. There was one truly laggy area and it only got laggy when there
    were upwards of 200 people in the same area! And that is with 3d graphics
    that would put this game too SHAME! Man I know that it is a lot of hard work
    to get this game in shape. I want to see it happen, i really do, but if there
    is no foreseeable end to the chaos that has become ealand then cut us all
    some slack and let the accounts be free until it is fixed!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

::Claps::

Signed [​IMG]

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I didnt read the post because you dont use paragraphs. Since I am full of myself, I know what is in it.

I also think the accounts should be set to free until the game is out of BETA. That may light a fire under the devs butts. And they would still get the ATM money.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

i also play another beta game and that game is also FREE so yes i do agree with you that they should do something here about that..... or atleast let the ones who have paid for this game have a free month atleast too make up for all of this downtime....

5. WolfPrince

WolfPrince Guest

<blockquote><hr>

This really is just getting a tad ridiculous. Costs were minimal when TSO was in beta, so what makes EALand any better?? Why in the world are we being charged to go through this day in and day out? It is ok to deal with if there were some light at the end of the corridor, a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but the changes that are constantly ongoing are a little hard to take when your paying for them. Every time we have down time like this, i try to say "hey, its all for the better and brighter future" But there doesnt seem to be an end! Does anyone have any idea when we can expect to have that great game we have been told about? I do not see it. Why not just stop charging us for this frustrating time period? It would be a heck of a lot easier to take all the changes and the downtime. Im not sure how long we have been down today because i wasnt here earlier but i personally have been trying to log on for 6 hours this time. Last time it was a full day. And forget the fact that i have to shut down and restart several times a day. I mean seriously is that going to be the norm? Can the servers seriously not handle a few people logged on??? Come on already and get with the program people sheesh. I have played a few games with much better graphics, i could cop a squat and sit on the game all dang day and night if i wanted to without being booted off every fifteen minutes, and lag was minimal. There was one truly laggy area and it only got laggy when there were upwards of 200 people in the same area! And that is with 3d graphics that would put this game too SHAME! Man I know that it is a lot of hard work to get this game in shape. I want to see it happen, i really do, but if there is no foreseeable end to the chaos that has become ealand then cut us all some slack and let the accounts be free until it is fixed!

[/ QUOTE ] Hey this is a great idea!! ORRRRR atleast answere us in the stupid town hall when you are there no matter how stupid the question is... most of us are paying for this just to enjoy nothing because you change stuff that was PERFECTLY FINE with us in the first place! EA-LAND has nothing to do with the game... you have ruiined it bassically until further notice... WE ARE EXPECTING BETTER!!! not worse &lt;.&lt; which i guess... you are either forgetting its not about the money but about customers? I WANT THE OLD DAYS!!!!! YAYY WHOSE WITH ME?!!!?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

:p lol seriously, or not seriously, im not sure if your serious or not. I passed college English 101 many years ago and vowed never to write correctly again [​IMG]
    And to top that off, i were brung up in Kentucky and y'all knows how us sutheners is! YeeHaw!

Disclaimer:
    (This in no way is intended to offend those born or raised in Kentucky, i really was raised in Kentucky so I can make fun of it iffin i want too [​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

i agree

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok think of it this way. If all accounts were set to free... how do you expect EA Land to be profitable? That is the #1 goal here. If they don't show a profit soon, all of this will be for nothing. I will gladly keep paying my 10 bucks a month just so there is revenue going into the game. And I know many more who will do the same.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

So... you want all current paying accounts set to free, keeping their benefits, but current free accounts still retain their restrictions in EA Land? That's why they won't do it. All free accounts would have to have full access in EA Land, not just TC3, also, and when things are ready to go paid again, those who couldn't afford it or couldn't do it for one reason or another in the first place lose all their abilities again. Its unfortunate, but there's no way to do this now and have it actually work, at least in this fashion.

One way it COULD be done, would be a rebate of some form once the BETA period is over relative to the paid months you had. That would make a little more sense as a suggestion to the Devs.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

i was talking about the part where he said bring back the old days... not being completely free....

and about the beta part of the other game i do play i have been involved in that for a few years now and that should be close too being done this year ,,, hopefully atleast... its a racing game and nothing like this...

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Some of us older folks can't read type when everything is squished together.

Notice how I skip a line after a point.

It makes reading type easier for me. Since I am full of myself, I also skip lines often because I want to make sure I can read everthing I have to say. The things I write are of monumental importance and should be easily read by all.

You cant see my typing style since every post I have started has been locked, except for one.

But, Skipping a line every now and then does make things easier to read for me, and I do agree that BETA should be free.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

yeah duncan i know what you are saying but, for me, this has been going on for several months, how long am i supposed to wait? Its been going on for longer than that for some of the diehard fans. What is the timeline here? Noone knows! Yeah there is a deadline to make the game profitable, that doesnt mean that all of this will be straightened out by then.

13. <blockquote><hr>

This really is just getting a tad ridiculous. Costs were minimal when TSO was in beta, so what makes EALand any better?? Why in the world are we being charged to go through this day in and day out? It is ok to deal with if there were some light at the end of the corridor, a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but the changes that are constantly ongoing are a little hard to take when your paying for them. Every time we have down time like this, i try to say "hey, its all for the better and brighter future" But there doesnt seem to be an end! Does anyone have any idea when we can expect to have that great game we have been told about? I do not see it. Why not just stop charging us for this frustrating time period? It would be a heck of a lot easier to take all the changes and the downtime. Im not sure how long we have been down today because i wasnt here earlier but i personally have been trying to log on for 6 hours this time. Last time it was a full day. And forget the fact that i have to shut down and restart several times a day. I mean seriously is that going to be the norm? Can the servers seriously not handle a few people logged on??? Come on already and get with the program people sheesh. I have played a few games with much better graphics, i could cop a squat and sit on the game all dang day and night if i wanted to without being booted off every fifteen minutes, and lag was minimal. There was one truly laggy area and it only got laggy when there were upwards of 200 people in the same area! And that is with 3d graphics that would put this game too SHAME! Man I know that it is a lot of hard work to get this game in shape. I want to see it happen, i really do, but if there is no foreseeable end to the chaos that has become ealand then cut us all some slack and let the accounts be free until it is fixed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please try to write in paragraphs is makes my eye's hurt when everything is squashed together.

I didn't read all of the paragraph but,

If we didn't pay for this then EA Land would be canceled by the EA executives.

Edit: lol stupid me didn't notice I wrote write as right...

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Beta being free = No more TSO or EA Land. EA would shut this game down so fast it would be gone tomorrow. Is this really worth fighting over 10 bucks?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

You missed the part where I said ATMs would still be in the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ATM income is substancial.

16. Riley-

Riley- Guest

And someone pointed out in another thread that it's like 33 cents a day or something - not worth getting in an uproar over to me. I'd rather pay my $10 a month and hope they save TSO, so I won't be forced over to Second Life *scared shudder*

17. Guest

Guest Guest

I have been playing this game for off and on for over 5 years. Trust me, I know what people are going through. If you are unhappy, go to a free account until everything is fixed. You won't be spending 10 bucks a month anymore and you will be playing for free. They can't and won't change all accounts to free. I doubt they will give credit for all of this.

The simple fact is this game is in Beta. How long until things get fixed? Well, that depends on what you see as being wrong in the game. The lag is a major issue in my eyes and rebooting the servers isn't the answer.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

And someone pointed out in another thread that it's like 33 cents a day or something - not worth getting in an uproar over to me. I'd rather pay my $10 a month and hope they save TSO, so I won't be forced over to Second Life *scared shudder*

[/ QUOTE ]I will never play SL again. I tried it for about 1 week and hated it. I saw no point in that game. Plus, the people in TSO are so much nicer.

19. Riley-

Riley- Guest

That's why I don't wanna go Dunc [​IMG]

I love TSO - have since beta, 2002. I want them to fix the game so we can all play together =)

20. Guest

Guest Guest

I think I wouldn't mind the game shutting down for a couple of months and them working on a game that would be 10x as good and worth $10.

If they weren't focused on keeping the servers up all the time they could make a great game. Then they could open it back up.

Unlike some of the people who play this I can handle not playing this game for a while. Others might have a meltdown.

The $10 from lets say 5,000 subscribers would at least triple if this game was more newb friendly and had way MORE content. Then once they get the game back up they will be making 3x as much and we will have 3x as much fun!

21. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing in this world would send me to SL. Thats a fairly pathetic game IMO. But lots of people like it. Imma be forced back to everquest, if i could convince my sis to play EQ, i'd already be there!

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Honestly, I am really getting tired of people throwing out how long they've played the game, that they are experienced and understand what is going on.

Sorry but someone with the mental capacity of a 10 year old can play the gave for 1 month and get a gist of the goings on around here.

That's great- those of you who are being patient and waiting this out- I intend to too, but let the people say what they need to say. When mostly every other game is in beta, it is set as free... and they probably have more costs behind them (being that they are new)- so that really is not the point. Whoever started this thread has a great point! Most likely he/she is trying to get the a dev's attention, do not be a distraction! Thank you

23. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

33 cents add up and I wouldn't mind if it was for something that deserves the $10 a month. We give them all this money... I kind of want them to do something with it.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

SL is too much for my graphics card to handle [​IMG]

Seriously though guys, all this requires is patience. Good games take time to perfect, and it means we'll be enduring these changes for quite awhile, but in the end things should be worth it. EA would not even give this game the time of day if they didn't want it to succeed and do well, its a good sign they are doing this at all.

Keep the faith, if you don't want to pay come live in TC3 for awhile [​IMG]

25. Guest

Guest Guest

Now this is the way to respond in a positive, helpful way!

26. Riley-

Riley- Guest

Good point - I'm thinking of creating a sim in TC3 too - I've never had one there, lol.

It's really very simple, honestly - if you don't want to pay for it, don't play it. Not intended to be mean or harsh - just stating a fact - you have control whether or not you pay for it, so it's all up to you, ultimately. [​IMG]

Or you could play a different game in your offtime. I, myself, disappear to my 70 hunter in WoW to let off some steam :p

27. Guest

Guest Guest

EA can afford to handle a game like this one without everyone paying $10 a month for a while. I have never heard of a beta game being $10... Especially EA!!!

That is ridiculous, new companies could handle this game without pay for a while too if necessary. BETA means they dont think the game is good enough for release yet. So what make them think its worth $10 a month!

28. Beta being free = No more TSO or EA Land. EA would shut the game down so fast it would be gone tomorrow. Is this really worth fighting over 10 bucks?

Gone tomorrow .. Idk the way some are talkin It wouldnt even last till tomorrow
    And not its not worth fighting over .. This is crazy some of the comments that I hear because EAL is having a bit of a problem...

Breath in ----------- Breath out --------------Relax
    Again ---------------Again-------------------Relax
    and Again ----------and Again ----------------Relax

EAL will be up soon as the Dev's fix the problem .. Give them time

Remember Breath in-------------------Breath out -----------------RELAX!!!!!!

It will be ok

29. $10 isn't too much, but I do understand where everyone is coming from. Case in point, if there aren't subscribers then you can kiss this game goodbye. TSO is dead, and EAL is the only chance we have of keeping the spirit of what we had alive.

Luc is doing the best he can, because he believes in the game. Yeah the lag and bugs suck, but honestly this game is much more interesting now than it ever has been. People are working the jobs again, I don't see people counting the number of jams they made, lots competing with each other for bigger payouts and visitor bonuses, plus we FINALLY have custom content and now we are getting more with the addition of rugs.

Sorry, but in my opinion, this game is SO much better now (even with the glitches) and is moving closer to what it should have been 5 years ago. Why it took them so long to get to this point, we'll never know. If they had, I think TSO would have been a better success.

30. Riley-

Riley- Guest

Well said *claps for Starr*

*waves* Hi Claud!

31. I agree w/ Star .... EAL is alot better in many ways....

*waves You Who * Hi Rip

32. Oh, further thoughts. I know they won't do it, but they could reduce the price of the game to $4.99 a month during the Beta phase.

Honestly, rushing the devs will do no good. I have seen some online games rushed to completion after Beta when they were NOT ready. TSO is one of them. Another one that comes to mind is Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and I think even Everquest II had some major problems too.

And yeah, I don't like Second Life either. Waste of space. It's cool to explore, but I don't know what to do other than that. EAL, if continued, will be way cooler than SL can ever hope to be.

33. Riley-

Riley- Guest

Not to beat a dead horse, but we told them that TSO wasn't ready to go live when they did it in November 2002...

I'm just glad that it's getting attention now and getting fixed [​IMG] I still love the game (even with my 3 year break) and will play it for as long as it's here.

There's just too many good friends here and I actually enjoy the game.

34. <blockquote><hr>

You missed the part where I said ATMs would still be in the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ATM income is substancial.

[/ QUOTE ]

ATM income alone would not be anything close to the est. $120,000 + EA makes monthly from EAL.

Estimated using the #'s luc gave us in the first few of his posts on the blog which was 12,000 subscribers, multiply by 10 and that gives 120k.

35. Guest

Guest Guest

I think $4.99 would be much better. They would end up getting more money probably because there will be more subscribers im sure!

36. Riley-

Riley- Guest

at $4.99 an account... hmmm, I could double my already multiple accounts.... Good heavens, how many sims would that make for you Claudia?? [​IMG]

37. Guest

Guest Guest

They picked whatever price point they had to pick to get the game up and running. Don't be surprised if more paying levels surface later, once things are more finalized.

I mean, I'm free right now because I can't pay for the game quite yet, and I'm having a blast in TC3. I personally think membership is worth it, as there really isn;t another worthwhile social mmo other than SL to play, and in SL its near impossible to do anything without using real life money. Once prices are adjusted in EA Land everything will be even more fun.

38. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey think of this, everyone yelling they want EA-Land Beta to be free untill its done?

they allow free accounts to play with MANY limitations, if they gave everyone a free pass untill Beta was over they would screw that up as well and no one even us long time paying players would not be able to do anything we would get hit with the free account limitations…

that means the next time you try to go to a money or skill house you get hit with the messege saying your access is limited...

39. Riley-

Riley- Guest

Agreed - if you want the game to be free, turn your account to free [​IMG]

40. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Hey think of this, everyone yelling they want EA-Land Beta to be free untill its done?

they allow free accounts to play with MANY limitations, if they gave everyone a free pass untill Beta was over they would screw that up as well and no one even us long time paying players would not be able to do anything we would get hit with the free account limitations…

that means the next time you try to go to a money or skill house you get hit with the messege saying your access is limited...

[/ QUOTE ]

PFFT! obviously i could get a free account or set mine to free accounts if i didnt want to have any fun whatsoever in game.

So for all those that have stated we would be stuck in a limited account, obviously, that is not what this post was about.

Look! Im writing in paragraphs :p

41. at $4.99 an account... hmmm, I could double my already multiple accounts.... Good heavens, how many sims would that make for you Claudia??

RHOTFL (rolling hard on the floor laughing)

Only a handful know the answer ... X the number you have in mind... IMAO you bet i would have alot huh?

42. Riley-

Riley- Guest

You rock my socks, Girlie - how you can keep up with that many sims is amazing. I have trouble with just one (well... and... )... [​IMG]

43. You can play EA Land free, lol...

I don't understand what you are asking them to do?

You can have a free account or a premium account (paid account).

If you think the game isn't "worthy" enough to pay the lousy 10 dollars a month than make it a free account, duh [​IMG].

I really don't even think 10 dollars a month is a lot to be paying for an online game anyway.

44. Do you think i could control that many ? Seriously give that some thought now ...

And I for one dont think $10 a month is too much ... If you all only knew how much i pay .... You wouldnt be crying about the $10 you do pay .... (no heart feelings toward anyone by that commment)

45. Guest

Guest Guest

lol you choose to pay for that many accounts i dont get your point

46. Guest

Guest Guest

Well i actually have 2 accounts so its 20 bucks. And i am poor to boot :p pity me PLEASE!
    Thinking about getting a third account but i cant even log in to play the two i have so heavens why would i want to pay 30 bucks a month to not play three.

Opps forgot to skip a place up there.

Ok skipping spaces.

Anywho, its now been 7.5 hours that i have been trying to log on. and still no EALand. (skips a space)

I try to log in and it just pops back to the sign in screen. I click exit and a pop up comes up asking "Are you sure you want to quit?" And i cant help but think, "Did I ever start?"

47. Guest

Guest Guest

Very good.

I am starting to read your entire posts now.

Thanks

I remember Tigger talking about people who play online games. She said 2% will never quit, no matter what you do to them.

Looks like some of those people have found this thread.

48. lol you choose to pay for that many accounts i dont get your point

Yes your right I choose to .... But people who are complaining about $10 a month... Im just saying thats nothing compared to some of us who are paying way more than that ..... If anything those of us that are paying this much should be the ones complainging.... that EAL is down and we cant get into the game to play.....

My pt is ... Im content in just sitting here catchin up w/ Stratics... And Guess what I ran into a few friends in doing so ... So its not so bad waiting for the Dev's to fix the problem in EAL.... Hey cut them some slack... They could be home in bed and or w/ their families and put this on hold till tomorrow .....

49. Well i actually have 2 accounts so its 20 bucks. And i am poor to boot :p pity me PLEASE!
    Thinking about getting a third account but i cant even log in to play the two i have so heavens why would i want to pay 30 bucks a month to not play three.

Im in the same boat as you are in ... But I found the money somewhere to pay for the accts i have... And i can tell you its more than what your thinking of having ....

So sit back relax, grab a drink, soda and popcorn and watch a movie everyone .. Give the dev's there space to fix the problem the right way

50. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

PFFT! obviously i could get a free account or set mine to free accounts if i didnt want to have any fun whatsoever in game.

[/ QUOTE ]From the looks of it, you're not having any fun whatsoever in game now! What would be different?