1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

All of a sudden: "I can't find your ship!..."

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Twooflower, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Twooflower

Twooflower Guest

I was doing some fishmonger quests tonight, went to the Lost Lands to finish a quest in Papua (without any problems), did some lobster fishing - and when I returned to Trammel using sepents pillar, all of a sudden, the Fish Mongers were no longer able to recognize my ship: "I can't find your ship! You need to bring it in closer!" ... even if I went with my ship to the harbor and stood on deck when talking to them.
    I can't take on any new quest, can't finish the ones I have started.

I am using a Tokuno ship - never faced any problems until tonight.

Has anybody else experienced the same bug - is this a bug?

Anyone has an idea what might help?

2. It's a bug, a reported one, over and over, actually.
    Eventually you're gonna have to drop the quest, empty your ship hold, dry dock and redeploy. The GM that helped me couldnt tell me the problem exactly, but something to the effect that the ship and the player werent linked for some reason, hence the dry dock and redeploy.

3. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Doesn't this effect your reputation with the fishmongers?

4. it might, i havent seen anything say my rep has changed, but its the only way to solve the problem as of right now, unless you want to keep the quest till the Devs fix it.

5. Twooflower

Twooflower Guest

Thanks for the quick answer .... yes, I think it will cost some reputation to drop the 2 quests I still have on this char,

but who knows if this bug will ever be fixed?

6. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

There's a work around (that I don't have time to search for) in another thread on this forum that helps without having to drop the quest or any other quests you may have.

7. I havent seen any work around, but it would be nice to know where because everytime this happens, I have to drop, etc to fix it and everytime I've had a GM there with me =/

8. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper

Yeah, Flutter was right. Here is the workaround:

9. i just had a quest do that to me, happens every 5-6 quests.. tried the second boat thing since I was here ... still says it cant see my boat =(
    is that all the original post said to do?

10. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper

Yes, if you click that little blue arrow next to Kojak's name it will take you to the thread. There were people later in the thread complaining about it still after he posted his workaround so it must not always work.

11. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

More info in the fisherman's forum.

12. Phoenix_Mythic

Phoenix_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

If you are affected by this issue, please see this thread and provide any additional information you may have. Thanks!