1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Allhallows Eve

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by feath, Aug 13, 2008.

1. feath

feath Guest

i dont want to think of christmas - yet!
    its october coming up - ghouls and goblins, dark and wicked!

i'd love to see some halloween ideas!

2. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I know somewhere I saw a pic of a fall "tree" someone had made... piles of orange, red, and yellow flowers (I think mostly campion and snowdrops) on top of a wood pole/log from the custom housing menu. It looked really good, and easy to do - just have to put floor/teleporter up above the pole, and stack flowers! :)

3. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I have autumn on the brain IRL and now it seems to be carrying over to UO. From school starting back up, Halloween costumes and unusually cool weather for August, I am totally in the mood to deco in game and out for my favorite season.

Anyways, I'm thinking how cool it would be if we could dye the pumpkins. I love the traditional orange and black, but I have all of these red skulls and no use for them unless I use only black pumpkins. How early do you all start decorating in game for fall? I tend to start just after labor day with fall colors and gradually add in more black and "scary" deco around October 1. Wouldn't it be great if they would give us webs finally and a spider statue?

4. Here is a report by Katlene on an event PoC had last year for All Hallows Eve....

5. I actually did not think of Halloween when I posted the Christmas thread because in Australia its not a BIG holiday like it is in the USA we have really only started celebrating it in the last couple of years and its not a nationally recognized holiday or anything just one some people do for fun and others don't.

6. feath

feath Guest

hey, no worries ... i'm just really NOT ready for xmas yet! lol

7. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Voluptuous had some adorable designs in her holiday house. I believe she was the original designer of the bagball pumpkin with the crate stealable lemon slices face.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Queen Aglaranna's flying witch

[​IMG]

Sarsmi had a really cute witch with a broom, but I don't have a pic, some adorable ghosts and spiders in a "cave" room, and some other things in one of her holiday contest houses.

Here is one of her "preservation tanks".

[​IMG]

This is one of my own designs, which I was pleased with - I just call it a lil' creepy crawly. You can make it with "startled" or "angry" face too, depending on how the dice settle in the layer.

[​IMG]

I made some variations of their designs - specifically the spider & bagball pumpkins in my Spooky Citadel design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You could teleport into the "mouth" and sit on the rock teeth.

[​IMG]

I never finished the Spooky Citadel but it was fun making it.

-Skylark

8. feath

feath Guest

[​IMG]

what did you use for the legs on the little spider?

LOVE that orange tree!

i've been doing a lot of deco, and am thinking of a glowing ghost. here's hoping it works!

9. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

It looks like 3 jester hats stacked up. With Dice in front..

10. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Ding! We have a winner! :D

Jester hats dyed with black dye tub, and dice & cup purchased from NPC provisioner. Depending on how you stack the hats and the dice, you can make a different part of the dice covered or exposed. This gives the "angry" eyes or "startled" eyes (as the one above has). I can't seem to find my pic of the "angry" eyes variation that was on the porch steps. For one variation, mounting/dismounting in the house to redraw the layers made a shifting expression - back and forth between startled and angry.

The way I got the idea for this is I crafted a huge amount of items of all sorts, particularly black dyed clothing items, and just started piling them to see what shapes they made.

-Skylark

11. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

Theres a shirt on the back part to make the head, and I think I did something special to get the gems a lil higher (goza elevator, maybe 3 stacked tables then put them on top?)

12. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, and the witches broom:

[​IMG]

13. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Flora Green Gardens Halloween 2007. The skulls on the posts looked very cool at night. :)
    [​IMG]