1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Allow Losking of items down in Castle Courtyards

Discussion in 'UHall' started by weins201, Sep 11, 2008.

?

Let us Design our Castle Courtyards

Poll closed Sep 21, 2008.
  1. Yeah Baby finnally make that space use full

63.6%
  2. Na, to much crap already.

13.6%
  3. don,t care

15.9%
  4. I wish I had a Castle

11.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Argh cannot edit Title Should say Locking PHFFT

Since the courtyard of a Castle is included as part of the Castle design, and no one can recall in to that area why not let us decorate our courtyard.

Especially with all the new items.

Headge rows.

Horse Bardings.

Etc

Its about time

2. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

That would be a hard thing for them to code. being that its not a floor of a house its in open space hence why you can place castles on top of some objects.

3. Rubican

Rubican Guest

and us keep owners......:)

4. Kelline

Kelline Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

there is a tile in customize thats grass, so i dont c y they cant MAKE that as part of the castle

5. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Try placing that Grass Tile outside the foundation were you can place steps etc.

You will find you can not.

The problem is the court yard is not coded as part of a foundation. Because it is not coded as part of a foundation, you can not lock things down on it.

The court yard use to be considered ... mostly ... open land. Hence you could mark a rune in it and recall to or gate to the spot. That changed some time ago. You can no longer do that. I am not sure if that change also prevented spawn from occurring in the court yard or not. Things use to be able to spawn in the court yard.

I sold all my houses, towers and castles when I left UO about 8 months after Trammel went live. Things regarding Castles have become considerable FUBAR'd since then.

I voted Don't care and I would suggest the OP advocate that the Castle be allowed to be changed to a Customized House type. It would become vastly more functional if they did that.

6. Kelline

Kelline Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

oh i know hte grassy area isnt coded to be part of the caslte, my point was that since u can use grass tiles in customize then it shouldnt be hard (kinda) to make that as PART of the caslte

& oh yah make the caslte cuztomizee & if i had one Id be in hevan :) a lil city all ont he same plot :)

7. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

Polor Bears spawn in my courtyard all the time. I once had 5 of them in there just from spawn.

8. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Would already be nice, to be able locking things on the outer walls (i.e. paintings, message boards, banner deeds etc) without being bound to the steps and door area.
    This between would be great for all houses.

9. Fortyniner

Fortyniner Guest

I haven't tried, but I guess we can place non-decaying items such as barrels and (?) ballot boxes.