1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Alright. About faction buy backs...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by kelmo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

If it is respectful. It will be allowed. Any thing else is done for.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

The second it is otherwise, you deal with me and the RoC.

3. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

*nods*

*snickerz*

*scratches*

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

So now the threads won't be locked, we'll be infractionized?

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

How about if we had a sticky? Posts in it would just be 'I have #'s stuff' or 'who has my stuff?' No price arguments, no 'I'm trashing it'. We'd move those out if they were posted in that particular thread?

Posts allowed in that thread would be like the one Caesar's Cow has posted currently?

Would that suit everyone?

To make room for it I'll merge the 'mythbusting' thread with the 'faq' thread. Unless everyone can agree on one of the other stickies no longer being needed.

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

If the sticky was cleaned now and then that would be fine. Just no made up rules on the spur of the moment. I personally like how it is just now.. allow one category of whining and what not, you should allow them all. If someone goes beyond the RoC, infraction them. This has always been a board of healthy and unhealthy argument.

I hate seeing one-sided rules.

7. Petra Fyde

The rules are those in the FAQ at the top of the board.
    But faction buy back has rather taken over the board and I think most non-faction posters are a little bit fed up with it. So if I make a sticky that's strictly for the ' I have' and 'who has' posts we all agree that anything else gets cleaned out of that thread.
    If someone wants to post about trashing stuff, or someone buying stuff that isn't his, or the price is too high, that goes elsewhere (ie not in the sticky), and preferably, some of it at least, gets dealt with via pm?

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I'm not in factions, I just detest any form of censorship that isn't a personal attack/insult/etc. Complaints about ganks/house-hiding/tamers were allowed before.. what is so special about faction gear? It's just the new flavor of the month.

Bragging, about having enough silver to not care about one's looted equipment, about trashing someone else's gear because you don't care, about holding gear hostage until blah blah.. this is a part of pvp now.

While some would call it crying when asking for items back because of so and so, and getting a negative reply, this is Siege. In my non-moderator status I humbly insist that you allow everything unless it goes against the RoC. This sort of whining went on before faction items and it will probably go on after them.

9. Petra Fyde

Those are the only ones I'll be enforcing, other than what I've just outlined: If we make a sticky, anything outside of the purpose of that sticky will be moved out. That 'rule' agreed between the posters and applicable only to that thread.

10. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

A sticky for the original intent, ie "Hooptie buyback at 20:1 at Blah vendor" would be good for those that want to skip the clutter. But threads involving replies and counter-arguments and regular PvP ****-talking should be allowed to continue until their end.

It is one thing to clean up one thread based solely on one topic (I have this here), and quite another to forbid any sort of banter on the matter in a different thread (I have Hoopties items hostage in exchange for Blah's faction butter).

There may be issues involved with people responding to the stickied thread off topic (ie pvp ****-talk), but that is up to the moderators to patrol. The normal threads should be allowed to continue.

11. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed. This board serves alot of purposes; it is a community center, a tradespot, and yes it is also the closest thing we have to a "war board". Maybe those of us in factions, when we start a thread in relation to faction fighting can just put a "factioner" disclaimer in the thread. if you have no interest in it then do not click on the thread; pretty much the same thing as changing the channel if you do not care for the content. last night's Hitleresque decree from on high was blatent censorship and this compromise is not really much better IMO. If these guys are not breaking RoC then let them have thier argument; for some of us it is quite entertaining.

12. Petra Fyde

fair enough, sticky not required.
    Thing is, some of these threads are as repetitive as a bod running script, and non-participants can get a bit 'oh no, not that again'. Last night did get somewhat out of hand and you'll have noticed I've done a bit of tidying up. Let's put it behind us and go from here, oki? The only rules in force on this board, as I've already said, are the ones in the RoC.

13. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Dang it...Ima gone for one stinkin day and come back to find lotsa locked threads about skillets and butter and flour and fruity pebbles and I missed everything...and now I am hungry too.

BUYING back... BREAKFAST !

:D

14. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

15. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Power to the people.

16. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well Put!

One mans faction items are another man's endless pictures of cats.....Mods please judge the actual verbage, not the theme of the thread.

That being said, I will be the first one to admit I might have gone a little overboard in a certin post yesterday and it will not happen again!

have a nice day!!!

17. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, how bout we get rid of the Queen Zen sticky which serves no purpose other than to fuel Kelmos fettish for geriatric old ladies.

18. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I am NOT geriatric... YET ! :scholar:

And as for OLD...........meh....till Walmart sayz I am old enough to be a senior citizen door greeter..................which so far they refuse me tellin me to come back to apply WHEN I GET OLDER........so there youngster !!

19. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

i think we could use 2-3 more stickys. perhaps the whole first page can be :hahaha: