1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Altering items hum to gargoyle

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ariak, May 30, 2010.

1. Ariak

Ariak Guest

I read in the latest pub that some new weapons were alterable. I recently tried to alter jaana's staff (falls under the gnarled staff conversion) but got the message "you may not alter this item". I was curious if this was working as intended.
    Thanks,

2. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I was hoping to be able to alter Swords of Prosp, but can't. How exactly do Gargoyles get comparable luck pieces, or do they simply NOT ?

3. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Be patient! Just think for a second, what if they haven't made those items alterable yet. Did you even read the list of what they made alterable? Because neither of those items are listed, so why would they be alterable now.

You guys are just wanting a reason to whine about the DEVs. You have plenty other valid ones, this, however, isn't one.

4. Rumil of Lorain

Rumil of Lorain Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I beg to question when perhaps can we hummies/elvies alter garg's items, but then again we hummies can't wear elvie items.
    Criminy look how far we hummies have fallen on the food chain:stretcher:
    (had a good day just thought I would share:thumbup1: got to see all my kids in one spot with nothing special going on)

5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You can alter both daisho and gnarled staffs now.

You can not alter artifacts though, haven't been able to since closed beta of SA. So gargoyles still get boned.

6. Yalp

Yalp Guest

Yeah I'd love to alter the (imbued) planesword for my garg.. still have fingers crossed on that one

7. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I stand corrected! Thanks.

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Once again.... Sucks you can't alter arties.... I mean, isn't that half the point of being able to alter crap in the first place! Get it together DEV's.... cripes...

9. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My two favorite things about SA (altering arties and imbuing arties) were added and then very quickly removed. One of them before launch, even. <_<

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Oh I know ...... and folk say it's overpowering.....

I fail to see where taking something that is a POC and altering it to make it moderately useful is overpowering when everyone who is anyone can get them and imbue them...... totally makes no sense at all.

Especially since the actual "good" arties couldn't be imbued anyway...

11. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I'm guessing that the reason why the ability to imbue arties was removed was the new artifacts with the new properties that aren't a part of the imbuing system. Hopefully some day they will add them, or at least give them a point value so that we can imbue artifacts again.

12. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

ditto

13. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Gargoyals get a huge increase in resists on crafted armor, so i think not being able to use a few luck items isnt a big deal. Especially because luck only affects artifact drop, and basic loot intensities, and all basic loot is kinda worthless now, as well as the majority of arties.