1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Am I doing it wrong? Taming leveling question.

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Veldrane, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Veldrane

Veldrane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I decided to work up my tamer since coming back to the game. He's in the 90's and gains have been ridiculously slow. I'm on Sonoma so there are only fresh tames to level off of and I've been doing grizzly bears and great harts in Ish.

I started today at 92.9 taming and 98.7 lore. After an hour and a half if only gained .3 taming and .5 lore.

Am I doing something wrong or is just going to be a looooooong road to 120?

2. drewster513

drewster513 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

nope its a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnng road ahead took me 2 years to full 120 it naturally

P.S use bulls in jhelom bull pen

3. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yeah its pain full. bulls at that level are good.. spawn rates quick.. you can kill em and skin em for hides if ya want..

i use 30 points in jewls and just get my ggs gave up along time ago. one day. heh

Skunk likes this.
  4. Darius Bloodbain

Darius Bloodbain Adventurer
    Lake Austin - TF

I have found also, if ya get tired of the bulls, that you can gain off white wolves on arctic island, and also Dameon Temple is good place to grab those 2 drakes that spawn there and get gains off those.
    I would get one tamed then park him over in a corner while i tamed the second one. Had rune made right beside
    The Royal zoo on Moonglow so i could gate them both about a house distance from the donation box, donate them both and run back thru gate before it closed, and tame 2 more. Gets your museum points up if nothing else, and you will get some skill points off the drakes. Any way u go about it tho, its gonna be slow, so its
    best to keep yourself entertained :)

5. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

you can also get a scroll of a.. and use ggs .. to get..2 to .5 a day
    ... get ur ggs log out.. timer i hear stops. so ur 15mins.. is tons of ggs time. just gotta be quick

6. Veldrane

Veldrane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, this is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the feedback folks, nice to know that I'm not doing something wrong.

The Drake idea is an interesting one. I think I'm going to try that just to break up the boredom of sitting in Jhelom listening to the chicken noise while I tame bull after bull after bull after bull after bull after...

7. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I have about a dozen characters so far that I've trained up to 120 real taming. I finish their training by taming unicorns (or ki-rins if the tamer character is male) in Ilshenar or in Malas. Best gains seem to occur when taming skill is in the 104-109 range, so I will usually use jewelry to boost skill to that point and then take it off when real skill actually hits that range.

Veldrane and Skunk like this.
  8. popps

popps Always Present

At that level it is slow...... luckily, there are pink and blue scrolls which can help cover the gap to 120.0 faster....
    Or, even faster, use +taming skill items to reach 120.0 .....

9. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just got back..........where do we get the pink and blue scrolls?.... I assume they work like the old black rock trai g area.....instead of getting .1 you get .3 or .5?

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Blue Scrolls are scrolls of alacrity, they work as you guessed, like the black rock area, or the New Haven accelerated gain quests. They last for 15 minutes.
    Pink Scrolls are Scrolls of Transendence, they actually add to your skill by the number of points on the scroll. Both types can come out of treasure chests (pinks in fel only level 4 upwards)
    pinks also come from working champ spawns and from Corgul.
    Random blues can come from clean up points.
    http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/treasure-map-quests
    http://uo2.stratics.com/items/spring-cleaning-2011-clean-up-rewards
    http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/in-game-systems/champion-spawns/scrolls-of-transcendence

Veldrane and TimberWolf like this.