1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

am i doing the right thing? PvP question.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nickster, May 11, 2009.

1. Nickster

Nickster Guest

i have been running with swords,tactics,necro,SS,Bushido and Med but i have only really been doing PvM at the moment but am going to be starting PvP. since i added brightsight specs to my already decent mana regain suit i have not hit my macro for med once, also i figured in the heat of a battle it will only be passive med i will be doing anyhow so i am dropping med for resist.... my med hasn't started to fall yet but i figured that resist would be a lot better than med as a PvP skill and i have 13 mana regain and +17 mana on my suit and can replace this with ease

so with that in mind would resist spells be a better skill to have than med? i also have mana leech on a fair few of the weps i will use for PvP.

thanks and any advice is welcome!

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Dont worry about the mana leech on the weap, you wont do enough damage PvP to leech. That goes for the same with vampire embrace, when your pvping...dont use it, you wont be leeching enough to make it count.

I play with a person on GL that uses the exact temp your running, it is mana intensive(and reg intensive), but providing you can pick up a nice bokuto or similar 2s weap with 5+ssi you can keep dex relatively low(around 70) and still swing at 1.25s. Then put the rest into Int, try for as much LMC as well as the Mr and youll be fine.

As with any template, at the start your gonna die alot, you probably will be using the wrong spells at the wrong time and burning through mana too fast. But...once you get a bit of experience, its a very nasty temp.

3. Nickster

Nickster Guest

sweet, i got a bokbok with 20%ssi amonst the mods and am running 60 dex 100 str and 70 int but i have +10 int across my jewels and may work a helm of insight into my suits as i have a few kicking around. i chug pots too so may drop dex lower (only 30 dex required to max swing speed out with a 20% ssi Bok) and just keep a good stock of potions. all in all i got a mana pool of about 100. (would be 120 +with helm of insight)

don't intend on using vamp embrace once i PvP so i can work different pieces into my suit to give me more mana too, i cant wait to get going, I am hooking up with Sprago hopefully tonight and hoping he will show me the ropes so to speak :)

so resist is good then :)

4. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

mana regen items = USELESS without meditation

I run 70-90 med on my mage templates.

If I were a bok-bok, I'd go:

120 bush
    120 swords
    120 resists (theres one on my vendor)
    120 parry (theres one on my vendor)
    90 tactics
    60 chiv
    90 meditation

The bok I'd use would definitely have to have HLD, Lightning, DI, Swing. Then you'd just spam NS, healing with confidence and chugs (so get some EP rings!)

Depending on the amount of SSI on the bok, I'd lower dex for int. You can test out how fast you'll swing (1.25s being cap) with this calculator: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/arms.php

5. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

120 swords
    100 tactics
    120 bushido
    120 parry
    100 anat
    100 healing
    60 med

OR

120 swords
    100 tactics
    100 anat
    100 healing
    120 spirit speak
    60 necro (never fizzle omen, pain spike, etc.)
    120 (open) You can do med, resist, combination of things... like 80necro and 100resist... *shrugs*

OR

120 swords
    120 tactics
    120 bushido
    120 ninjitsu
    100 hiding
    80 stealth
    60 med

and there's even more...

Bottom line is... you need soul stones before you start to really PvP... the character up there has a lot of weaknesses and it's really more of a PvM build... although you can go right ahead and use it for PvP... you'll just have to figure out what works best on your own and tweak it as you go.

Hope this helped...

6. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Necromancy and Spirit Speak? Way to totally leave out the mans skills and say a different template! hehe

But yes, if you go read up on the meditation changes and how it compliments Mana Regen off items, you'll see that diminishing returns will hurt you the lower your meditation.

I'd go for:

120 Swords
    120 Bushido
    110 Necro
    120 Spirit
    100 Resist
    90 Tactics
    60 Meditation

*2s weapon w/10+ SSI*

255 Stat Cap: 100 Str 40 Dex 115 Int

Your stats are going to be based off your weapon. If you get 20+ SSI, then just worry about 30 Dex, the 40 will help get you to 60+ Stam to swing a 10 SSI 2s weapon at cap with greater agility pot.

I'd probably bless a good bokuto for this template. Running cursed orny/faction orny for starters. worry about 0/2 ring etc.

7. Nickster

Nickster Guest

thanks man, i got a 20% bok so i guess i will just keep med than :) just thought i would suffer para ganks too much lol :) i will just make sure i got a lot of trapped box's hehe does magic trap on a pouch still work for para?

8. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

How many times are you going to make me post this?
    http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=136186

You do need med. There is no way you can get bye with no med at all because they changed how med works in publish 46 with Diminishing returns you can see the changes with the link I am providing for you here. http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_46

In the last thread where you asked about the template I suggested the following and I still do....

120 Swords
    120 Bushido
    120 Necro
    120 SS
    120 Med
    120 Tactics

Now witht the template above I would run 50 enhance potions, good LMC and try to get your hands on a good Bokuto... You don't need parry... just heal with Confidence on the run, Curse Weapon from Necro, Spirit Speak, and Potions... Only downside is if you get mana vamped...

Now if you get tired of getting constantly mana vamped run the template below... This template however would require about MR 9 on items and 40 LMC and may be something you may want to try later on down the road when you have more gold and items saved up.

120 Swords
    120 Bushido
    105 Necro
    120 SS
    90 Tactics
    100 Resist
    65 Med

Again a necro is very mana intense.... Try to find a good Bokuto ideal mods would be.

FC1
    Hit lightning 40 or more
    SSI 20 or more
    Hit Lower defense 40 or more
    HCI 10 or more

Also try out the special on the bokuto called Fient if you are not familiar with it you will fall in love... A lot of people over look it and don't understand how good it is. It will save your ass when getting ganked. And pretty much make anyone trying to fight you solo useless.

I hope I was able to help you. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

Also for your stats

Run the following stats.

100 Strength (50 Ehance Potions will put you at 131Strength, 136 if you eat a rose petal of trinsic.

30 Dex ( 61 with 50 Enace Potions

125 Int( you will need the int this high for a good mana pool

I would also be a human for the jack of all trades bonus and that is 20 skill points in every skill. They points will now show up in your skill list but you do have them trust me.

Also have a player with the skill Inscriptions to craft you some teleport scrolls because the downside of your template is dismount and you will need these scroll to help you reach a safe place and mount an etherial.

9. Nickster

Nickster Guest

i had completely forgot i had asked previously although it was more of a general template question last time, i have memory issues :)

thanks for the heads up though, i only have a 710 skill cap so may just leave tactics at 110 but other than that thats pretty much the temp i was aiming towards.

10. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I see you put ninja on the one template w/o parry. I have asked this before, on the arrior forum, sveral times w/o any response. Do you know what the %sucess rate to transfer damage to your mirror image is at 120 ninitsu? I'm curious if it is better than the parry chance with 120 bush and parry.

11. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

You may want to see if you can get some of the current PvPers to duel with you so you can work on your field tactics before take it to the real field and risk losing your stuff.

Or don't...that's your call...la

12. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I do not know the % numbers... besides, that template described is not meant to tank it against most templates... it's a "your in, you do the dew, you're out..." type of template.

13. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If you dont need to be mounted, wraith form provides mana leech, and a soul seeker provides all leeches with 60% ssi, cast curse weapon and you will leech everything very well, provided you can hit target.

It is working well for me in PVM anyway... might need to replace soul seeker with Hit spell weapon for PVP, but make sure it leeches stamina and has high ssi.

14. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

You would not want to be in wraith form on that template...