1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Am I going insane? Has the bank box always looked like this?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Spock's Beard, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Spock's Beard

[​IMG]

Why does the upper half of the red box portion look all grainy? Right above the white and brown backpacks. I just got a new monitor, how long has it looked this way? Is this some attempt at drawing the back of the box that I've just never noticed?

2. Danpal

Danpal Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran The Valorian Knights

It looks like that because they where trying to make it look like a rounded chest lid

3. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think its what happens when you view 18 yr old graphics on a Hi-Res monitor. Mine's the same too. bankbox.jpg

Maximus Neximus likes this.
  4. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mine always looked like that...well except a lot fuller!

kelmo, Longtooths and Lord Frodo like this.
  5. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Welcome to the world of HD.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Right remember there will be no high rez updates... what you see is what you get.

7. Spock's Beard

Oh well I've already gotten used to it. Before now I just never really had any big reason to get rid of my gigantic ancient cube monitor.

8. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

Mine looks like that but full o' checks...just sayin'

Kirthag, Lord Nabin and Vor like this.
  9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Personally I play on a 46" LED HDTV and I can say much of the game looks poopy like that. I just ignore it... sigh and move on. What I don't do is recommend UO to my friends.. most of them who know me have seen UO on my monitor and laugh... telling me they can't believe I still play that "P.O.S." And laugh and make fun of the crappy graphics... the "holes" in the waterline... and everything else. Telling me how beautiful this game and that game are...

But when it comes down to it and I ask them things like... Well can you fish in that game? Do you get your own boat with cannons? Can I own a house and design and decorate it how I'd like? Can my friends visit my house? Can I be the Governor? (Not that it really means anything but it is kinda cool to have the ability)... Is there real role-play? Is that a leveling game?

When they can't answer correctly on most that stuff then I go... So... you want me to give all this up for a pretty picture then? NO.

To me most games are leveling games... which are basically a series of hand holding quests that force you to follow the same freaking path as anyone and everyone else who has chosen your "race" and your "profession" so that you can all wear the exact same outfits when you are at the same levels and use all the same "gear" and weapons.... so you all play exactly the same depending on how well you can play that build.... etc... I will not be pigeon holed. I don't want some game leading me around by some nosering to what they decide is the top game... I don't want a game holding my hand telling me how I should play. The BIGGEST problem with those games is once you reach the "top" goal... there isn't really anymore point to playing it some more. Then it's wait till the next expansion shell out another wad and bust but following the rest of the rats along a trail of breadcrumbs until you reach the end again... I don't play that way.

10. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

I haven't effectively seen the inside of my bank box in over a decade.

Odin of LS likes this.
  11. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

lolol!