1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Am I imagining it?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mervyn, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Does anyone else find logging on one char more/less laggy than another?

2. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

People seem to believe it to be true! they say.... it depends on how many items you have in your pack/bank box and maybe pets in stables as well. the less you have, the less laggy you're likely to be?

I dunno, I never really tested it.

3. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I also tend to think the less maccros you have for that char the less laggy he will be.

4. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have never tested the lag part, but I have seen evidence that once opened your bankbox stays with you. I had seen it in the past and tested it again this morning.

I logged in and went to dungeon abyss on the crystal portal (aka Tomb of the Kings or I call it the Ord/An-ord dungeon). I went down to the large room with the undead gaudians just before the cave. I hit ctrl-shift and saw no items. After killing a few creatures, ctrl-shift would show some items from nearby bodies. I recalled to glow bank and opened my bank box, then home and used the portal again. When I got back to that room ctrl-shift showed a scroll of valient commodation, two practice longswords, moonstones, bandages and a bracelet - all items from my bankbox.

I did this in EC with Pinco's active. When I tried in CC with UOA, the items did not appear.

A question I just thought of while doing this is - when you use the item insurance menu the entire bank balance (gold and checks) is shown. is items info also sent?

5. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Depends on how much data is in the buffer, the buffer holds all the houses you passed and i think it even hold all the items in a house. There are some castle and hoses that are loaded with stuff and you lag out around them.

#5 Winker, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  6. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yes there are some Chars that take longer than others for some reason. I have a Garg Imbuer that takes a long time to log in no matter what.
    Myth Buster.

It depends on how many items you have in your pack/bank box and maybe pets in stables as well.
    I also tend to think the less maccros you have for that char the less laggy he will be.
    I have 6 chars logging in everyday at the same spot (Luna upstairs) to collect BODs. It does not matter what order they log my Garg always lags when logging in and all he has is a BOD Book and a LRC suit on with nothing in his bank. Other Chars are Human and Elf and have no lag logging in. All 6 Chars are set up the exact same way. My Garg has no pets while all other Chars are riding Blue Bug and have Packies in stable.

It may or may not matter where you log in and out.
    As I log in my lagger in the exact same spot along with 5 other chars he is the only one that lags. When I do take my Garg to Fel Castle he lags there also while the others do not.

Depends on how much data is in the buffer.
    I do this at the start of UO every day so the buffer is empty.