1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Am I the only one fishing a LOT more Big Fish than before ?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by popps, Jul 27, 2011.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    I am trying to steal time to my real life to build up again my stock of fish which got looted a couple of weeks ago from my ship Hold.

I noticed, that now after the latest patch I am fishing up a lot more of Big Fish than I did before. Am I the only one or was something changed to fishing to cause this ?

Personally, as I am working to build up my stock again, I find this annoying as it overweights me fast often, I need to cut them up into steaks and all that works against fishing what I need for the Quests. I wished we had a switch like for mining where one can set up whether to mine ore or stone or both..... When building up stock I could set the switch to only let me catch the fish I need for my stock rather than a bunch of other stuff which only slows down the rebuilding of my stock.

I had forgotten how slow fishing is...... in several hours of fishing I was only able to fish up 30 of each of the 18 types of Deep Sea Water fish..... To reach back the 500-700 of each that I had it will be a loooooooooooooong time and a lot of fishing which will prevent me to play other areas of the game since I manual fish and do not script fish.

I haven't even had the time to check out the new Quests because of lack of time......
  2. Kamin

Kamin Guest

No, I've noticed it as well.
  3. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 10, 2004
    do different ships have different holds? with my tokuno ship i might be lucky to have 200 of each at max

nevermind i looked this up myself wow, i wish that brit ship was faster
  4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    Nope, lots more. Its ok for me. I keep some fishsteaks for the fish oil and the others i turn in at the Library. :)