1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by KingSidhe, Apr 1, 2008.

1. KingSidhe

KingSidhe Guest

I am 120 Taming/lore/vet, and with 125 dex. It takes me forever to res and fully heal my new dragon, and a mage casting GREATER heal does 2-3x the healing with one cast as I do with one aid. Am I the only one that has noticed this? I have to stand right next to pet to apply aid, and mage can be much farther away. Sorry, I don't have magery on this template. I think aids need to be more in line with the damage healed by magery

2. *side note*
    since the forum IS currently: "Garaba's FunHouse [Blackrock Infected]"

the following MAY apply ...

[​IMG] So ... you want ONE strip of cloth to be "equal" to "Garlic, Ginseng, Spider's Silk"(heal) ... or
    "Garlic, Ginseng, Mandrake Root, Spider's Silk"(greater heal)
    AND equal to:
    Garlic, Ginseng(cure)

AND possibly to be able to "throw" that scrap of cloth ...
    from a distance ..

??? Yes ???

3. Hawthorne

Hawthorne Guest

In fairness though... GM/120 vet has far less utility than GM/120 magery.

Its not unreasonable to expect someone with decent vet skills to heal at least as well as a mage chain-casting greater heal (who generally is -not- using all those regs with LRC).

4. The vet healing takes no mana at all, though. You can bring a greater dragon all the way up and be at full mana when done.

5. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

My Gm vet out heals a mage every time. No questions asked!

6. KingSidhe

KingSidhe Guest

I was there in glow. I ressed my dragon, and it takes awhile to get him to Full health. A mage did it in half the time. They can stand back 8-10 paces, heal, and I have to be right there at pet. In Peerless or Doom, Im taking damage same time pet is, and get interrupted. So, no, I don't think that it's right. I also have a mage tamer, and he does much better at healing pets.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

*side note*
    since the forum IS currently: "Garaba's FunHouse [Blackrock Infected]"

the following MAY apply ...

[​IMG] So ... you want ONE strip of cloth to be "equal" to "Garlic, Ginseng, Spider's Silk"(heal) ... or
    "Garlic, Ginseng, Mandrake Root, Spider's Silk"(greater heal)
    AND equal to:
    Garlic, Ginseng(cure)

AND possibly to be able to "throw" that scrap of cloth ...
    from a distance ..

??? Yes ???

[/ QUOTE ]

No this person is saying the amount of damage healed should be equally matched you would still need to be next to the pet you would still need to invest skill points and stats. And I agree it should be equal or better because a mage tamer can use an lrc suit instead of regs and cast from afar where as a tamer using vet must stand right next to the pet (more dangerous) and apply a bandage that has a delay in the time it takes to kick in if the pet or player move in that couple seconds no heal but greater healing can hit from a distance so there is a far less chance of not missing a heal.

8. <blockquote><hr>

My Gm vet out heals a mage every time. No questions asked!

[/ QUOTE ]

same here

i also think not leg mage determine the heal points ... it is eval int

so you need 2 skills instead of one and i still heal faster than an mage

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Greater Heal is based on Magery alone.

Either way, the only way someone is healing a pet faster with magery than vet is if the vet is lagging really bad (or has serious random number issues), and the mage is a FC 2 caster with a macro set up to cast multiple back to back heals.

It's also possible that there were multiple mages casting at the same time.

Greater Heal Formula (straight from UO.com):
    Target is healed by 40% (caster's Magery) + (1-10)
    (41-50 pts at 100 magery, 49-58 at 120 magery)

Vet formulae (from Stratics)

Min_Healed (before factoring in pet's max HP)=(lore / 5) + (vet / 5) + 3
    For a GM/GM this is 43; For a 120/120 it is 51

Max_Healed (before factoring in per's max HP)=(lore / 5) + (vet / 2) + 10
    For a GM/GM this is 80; for a 120/120 it is 94 (24+60+10)

Amount Healed=random number between Min_Healed &amp; Max_Healed, + (pet's max HP / 100)

For a 900 HP Greater dragon, this would be
    GM/GM = 43 to 80, +9, or a range of 52-89
    120/120 = 51 to 94, +9, or a range of 60-103

So, a 120 mage can heal 49-58, while a 120 Vet/120 Lore tamer can heal a pet for about the same amount, MINIMUM - with a chance for about twice as much as the mage.

A smart tamer with magery will do both - and if the Greater heal hits about right, the bandage and spell will hit at the same time, making it appear that it was entirely from the spell, if you miss the bandage sound effect in the spell sound effect.

10. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

A smart tamer with magery will do both - and if the Greater heal hits about right, the bandage and spell will hit at the same time, making it appear that it was entirely from the spell, if you miss the bandage sound effect in the spell sound effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can bandie and Chiv Heal too.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll take Vet over GH' magery any time. Sure, it's fine for a quick pick up.... But you can not stand there for Min's on end without running out of mana fast &amp; the ol pet do a the grey world visiting.

BTW, Dex Plays NO part in Vetting, so the 125 Dex is wasted (should be in mana or Str) if thats what you have it all that dex for.
    Personally I don't think dex should play a part in Healing either, the skill should set be the time factor it takes to you heal, not your dex. Aka 120 Healing = 2 sec heals, each 5 points under 120 to GM should deduct .2 in time, under GM be @ .4 for ea 10 points under. Because your not lucky enough (or have the fund$) to be able to Dex up to 150 for 2 sec heals is absurd. Just because you have the Dex shouldn't be the factor on how fast you heal your self. Tis my opinion