1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Amazing Game Play and No Lag.

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Pixified, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Pixified

Pixified Guest

So here's a question for everyone. For people playing on laptops how hot do your laptops get while playing the game?

Normally I take my battery out of my laptop and run directly from wall power while playing the game because the computer is a lot less hot. However, yesterday I decided to try it with the battery in again to see if it still got hot. Well, yes, it still gets pretty darn hot but with the battery in I get amazing game play - everything is fluid - and lag is non-existent. It's so nice. But I feel bad because I think my laptop health isn't good when it's in this condition.

Anyone experienced the same problem?

2. Interesting , it sounds like your power cord is interfering with your Internet connection. When you use your laptop are you using a wireless connection ?

3. Pixified

Pixified Guest

No I'm almost always using Ethernet plugged into a wall.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm using a laptop with battery in it, wireless connection, 4 gigs ram, dual graphics and core. My laptop is cool when running up to 4 clients in EA Land.

When playing Sims 2, it is so hot, that I have a red spot on my leg when I get up.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I'm using a laptop with battery in it, wireless connection, 4 gigs ram, dual graphics and core. My laptop is cool when running up to 4 clients in EA Land.

When playing Sims 2, it is so hot, that I have a red spot on my leg when I get up.

[/ QUOTE ]I have a tray for my laptop - partly because it would get so hot when playing graphic-intensive games, and partly because of where the fans were (yes, this thing had two of them, both drawing air from the bottom). I have a new laptop now, pretty much like yours, and this one gets hot too, mainly around the memory and hard drive areas.

6. If the heat from your laptop is a problem, I'd invest in a cheap $15 cooling fan from Walmarts. You slide it under your laptop and plug the USB cable into your laptop and keeps it pretty cool.

As far as the batter goes I haven't noticed a difference with using the battery or being hooked up to the wall.