1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

An Ad from the Past..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ludes, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Check this old ad out folks..

[​IMG]

2. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Where do you find these things? I WANT THAT NECKLACE!!!!

Very cool! I must save this, very classy :)

3. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

4. Arroth Thaiel

Arroth Thaiel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is that from the UO:Renaissance advertising campaign/era? I seem to remember that is when they (EA/Origin) were using real people and their UO alternate identities to advertise the game.

Custom crafted jewelry, that's gotta be expensive. 'Course, that same amount could easily be spent on UO pixel-crack.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Me too..... want that.

6. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

I wonder if that is/was an actual jewelry piece or just a photoshop with the pewter pin. Neat either way.

#6 Riyana, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  7. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Okay this has been buggin me since yesterday....I want to have one of these custom made...I make jewelry but I don't melt pewter and silver BUT I know someone who does...

My question...since the logo is copywritten...I'd have to get permission to make one...right? Question is...who do I get permission from?

8. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

I don't know what the technical legality is (and I doubt you'll get a solid answer here), but if you just make one for your own personal use, how would they ever even know...? And people show up to conventions wearing their own made stuff (based on copyrighted material) all the time. As long as you aren't selling them it's just fan art.

Also, it would be easier and cheaper to make one with polymer clay. ;)

9. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Clay wouldn't last as long....pewter would be best for me....and who knows if it comes out amazing ya'll might want one :) lol

I'm gonna have to experiment.

10. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You couldn't sell it, but I don't think anyone can stop you for making for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

As long as you aren't selling it commercially, I think you'd be ok, but I am not a lawyer so if you really want to know, give one a call...I would imagine they will be able to answer that pro bono...la

12. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Yep.. they are right you can make one for yourself.. It's only when you try to sell stuff you run into copyright infringments..

This was an ad in the April 1997 issue of Computer Gaming World.. it was announcing a "soon to be released" game..

I was playing in beta at the time..

13. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You could probably sell them, I really doubt anyone would care, and the worst thing you would be likely to encounter is a request to stop.