1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

An exercise in frustration...

Discussion in 'UO Napa Valley' started by Kirthag, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

Placing a message board on a west wall facing east.... like a message board SHOULD be placed.. hanging on the WALL... not sitting on the (*&^# floor!

when did this get "broken"??? I used to put message boards on the WALL inside of my buildings all the time... but this is.... AUGH!

2. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

You know... I see them outside Keep/Castles all the time but when I went to place mine... I ran into the same issue. I ended up just putting it inside.

Although... did you try placing it... locking it down... and then using the house decorator tool to raise it?

3. Sir Kelek

Sir Kelek Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I just turn circle of transparency on to place boards on west wall. Takes a try or two, but it works better.

4. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

@ Slaya - the house tool won't affect the message board.

@ Kelek - yeppers, do that with anything I want on the walls - including my paintings (or they just don't go on the wall right).

I finally got it on my wall... but NOT where I want it. I can only think of two reasons why it wouldn't go where I want it...

1-within 5 tiles of the front door (strange, the wall map is RIGHT THERE by the door...)
    OR
    2-there is a roof directly over that portion of the room

(this is a custom house, not a pre-fab - maybe the roofing tiles are greedy with wall space below them - dunno)

I'm too lazy to rip out my roof for a *&^% message board.

Of note:
    Used to be able to have things locked down on the floor in front of the message board (like a table with a rune on it) - cannot do that anymore either. Side, yes... above and below... no.