1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

An idea for an RBG Regiment

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Victoria Navarre, Aug 25, 2010.

1. I have been wanting to create an RBG regiment for some time now,but I would like to know if people would actually be interested in what I have planned and would like to join in.

I would base the Regiment in Serpents Hold and the unit would be sea-faring in nature. The ranking system would mirror rl navy. Petty officer,ensign,lieutenant,commander,captain ect ect.

Potential duties would include moving important goods and nobles across the seas as a faster route than over-land. This "navy" would provide protection to the City of Serpents Hold and on the seas as far as our numbers would allow.

As a result,this could open up more rp possibilities with those that may not have a natural "enemy". *looks over at Hawkeye Pike*

So what do you think? Would this be something you would care to join in with? Battles on the high seas. Just like what alot of people have been asking for in UHall. We can start the 'pirate expansion' early. :)

2. Thom

Thom Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran

I think it sounds like a good idea. For too long the seas have been run by those pesky pirates.

3. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master

*Stamps with the "Va'lis Stamp of Approval"*

Hmm, I wonder if I could fight off a pirate or naval officer with a fishing pole.

4. Maybe a blackrock imbued fishing pole...but that could cause a gigantic tidal wave and could crush alot of towns.

5. Thom

Thom Lore Keeper

I figured he'd be more likely to use the blackrock as bait.
    *runs off to make sure Trinsic is prepared for tidal waves*

6. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

Yes something must be done to curtail pirate activity. Just please, do not ever look in to how Aedon gets his gold.

7. It's a good thing they have shore walls to stem any damage from a large wave. What about the PGoH Tavern though? It's right on the shore itself isn't it?

8. It'd probably be just our luck that after having it blown up with blackrock once, blown up conventionally after that, blown up with blackrock AGAIN, that we'd get hit with a tidal wave :p

9. Thom

Thom Lore Keeper

Yeah... but we all know what happens when you don't make sure something is in good repair before a big wave hits it. And I figure we can rebuild Galehaven... again... it's about that time again anyway *grins*

10. Just had to add this because I like this room.​

[​IMG]

Oh yes...there will be banquets!! :thumbup1:

11. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master

*Semi-innocent whistling*

12. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

I would love to see RBG-Serpent's Hold :)

I could even help you with a site for it, its built on WordPress which is really really easy... let me know Vic. :)

13. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

That is a great room. Some years back we used to hold auctions there. Sold people.

14. I have attended a few weddings there myself.

15. OK so I have made a guild tag and I'll sign up to rbg as soon as I can.

16. Corvak

Corvak Guest

Awesome :)

There's always an open space for your fleet at the Haven docks.

17. CatLord

CatLord Guest

Like always Victoria, your choices rock.
    Please bring back your partner to play!

18. Thanks,and while Hunter may come back "someday",right now he is very determined about finishing his degree. He has 2 years left and then work. So who knows. After he establishes himself,he may return to UO.

19. CatLord

CatLord Guest

Very good.

Please count on me if you need anything... just dont ask me to jump aboard any ships...

I HATE WATER.

20. Speaking of Haven. Has anyone noticed the new arena where the old moongate used to be? There is no entrance to the arena floor itself yet,and lizardmen and a corpser still spawn there.

[​IMG]

By this area has a dock as well.

21. CatLord

CatLord Guest

Looks great doesn't it?

22. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

We all will be more than happy to help you set up Serp's Hold. I'll get with you about the site and will walk you through it... its built on WordPress which is really really easy! ;)

23. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Good Luck in your endevour Victoria