1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

An idea for bringing back sifting

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Luc of Legends, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Luc of Legends

Luc of Legends Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Do any of you remember sifting from a live/story arc event last year? I'd love to see that brought back as a permanent addition to UO. It truly made the desert interesting and fun! I was thinking that since the code was already written that it could be recycled and modified. I would change the items from the story specifics to gems, crystal shards or glass shards(think fulgurite) and possibly nuggets of gold or silver. Silver I know doesn't currently exist in game as an ore. Mining skill would better you chances of getting something. This would be an awesome way to introduce a silver ore, or as I prefer Mithril. I know we have to be careful using Mithril, wouldn't want to step on any Tolkien related toes. Also extend this to all the deserts not just Illishnear desert. What do ya'll think? Would you support such an idea? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Schatzi and Kayhynn like this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I wish they would bring it back too.

3. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You know I thought it WAS a permanent part till I found out other wise.... I was sad to see it go as I didn't get in too much of my time doing it...
    But I would like them to think about it for perhaps a alternate way for people to get sand and the occasional artie out of the deal sift anywhere there is sand... 3 to 5 sand bits for the work ... sounds perfect as some players do not own a miner... the trays would be a vendor buy or perhaps something a tink could make.. its worth pitching to the Dev in my humble opinion

#3 Lady Storm, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    Schatzi and Kayhynn like this.
  4. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

The code is still active. I bought 125+ sifters a day prior to it being removed. :D