1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] An Influx of Thin Hay...

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Tangled Metal, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It used to be next to impossible to find Thin Hay for sale. Now in the last 3 weeks at least on Atlantic there have been at least 7 Thin Hay for sale. Prices have ranged from 12 to 20 mil. This was during Rares Fest too. I didn't attend so not sure how many were for sale there. I just find it odd that there is so much of the stuff now. Anyone have an idea as to why? Is it now dropping at the Lich Spawn or something?

2. Sir Kelek

Sir Kelek Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've noticed alot of thin hay as well....

3. hungry4knowhow

Stratics Veteran

ditto! used to never see it on vendors

4. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Well I can say in a few of the old homes I purchased a few months back there had been about a dozen or so piece which I put into the market via the auction and other routes.
    That would not account for a bunch being sold on atlantic but since the sale prices were posted maybe it brought some forward.

5. magicmule

magicmule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

6. Aristillus

Aristillus Guest

I had 2 that I recently sold on my vendors that were bought and then put up on other vendors for a higher price. That may have caused a bit of an illusion of how many are out there being sold.

7. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I had a couple extra that I've had for awhile that I put on the vendor at the festival as well, the one that sold I believe had the same fate as the previous poster's.

8. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Ok so basically we all put a bunch out there that drew out the others. :)

9. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I missed this somehow when I made my response earlier. The hay they are referencing is the 'thick' hay and yes, that still spawns daily. The thin hay does not (to the best of my knowledge).

An' I think you are right, Nabin. I think we just had a small flux of them being sold. I think if they were spawning we'd see whoever found the spawn selling them on all the shards like clockwork.