1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

An item I would buy from the UO Store...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kalabas, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Kalabas

Kalabas Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I really like the forge tool. I like being able to enhance items with no fear of breakage. This isn't an unbalancing item by any means and it is useful enough to be worth 10 bucks in my opinion.

What I would really like to see is an item very similar to it with the ability to remove a property completely from an item. Let's say you loot a double axe that is 80% fire damage and has 47 luck on it. You could use the tool on it and it would burn off the 47 luck and you would be left with a 80% fire damage weapon, ready for imbuing (and enhancing with the forge tool).

Not only would this generate revenue for UO, but it would mean that a lot of throwaway loot would be considered useful. Obviously you could use it on weapons or armor made with runic kits and hammers as well.

Has anyone suggested this before?

2. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Having the ability to remove a property completly is fine, even tho it would allow players to get the uber suits even faster. What i don't get is the request to make it an item shop item. We pay a montly fee ...

3. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The idea to remove a property is very intriguing. With looted armor/weapons you would still be affected by the 450 property weight limit but looted jewelry would become more useful. If you looted a 15 HCI ring or 1/3 bracelet with luck you could drop the lock and not need to use the resources to add the 1/3. It would make looted jewelry more useful.

Also, when you are burning low end runics for the properties you want, say 100% elemental damage and end up with luck on it, you could ditch that. Ah heck being able to remove DI from crafted weapons would help out a lot of templates as well.

4. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Except to all the other crafters whose items and resources are going poof - that's just part of the challenge for skill - else, limited to 5 uses.
    No

5. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

Is a bit late for say no, it's in store for a while :D

However, the ability to remove properties will be good, but it should remove every property or it will half the resource required to make items with imbuing...

6. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

This would be handy. I'd pay for it.

7. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Outstanding idea!

8. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Imbuing should just be able to completely remove a property. I believe that, originally, it was supposed to.

9. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

How about if they added a forge repair tool that range from 1 use to 5 uses that can remove a property on metal items and armor. Also add a sewing repair kit that can be used on leather and cloth armor with the same range of uses that also removes a property. Use them as loot in the old dungeon monsters. Now it should be random but not extremely rare either to get one. The dreaded RNG :p You know these dungeons. The ones that are hardly visited anymore. The tram and fel dungeons. Make them usefull.

No item store needed. Just actually using the game loot as it should be. Time to update the loot. Can even make a quest out of it go kill 20 dragons/ettins/lizardmen/ogres/orcs ect ect and come back to recieve your reward.

Now see if the game went F2P they could charge for things like these an item store. Most likely if they ever implimented something like this it will be in the store as many other items F2P or not :(