1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

An old tavern is closing ....

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Silverbird, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well ... it feels somehow strange:
    In the neighbourhood of my own home stands an old tavern. I 'ver never been able to find the right time to visit it, while it was opened. I always thought: maybe next week. Oldest records on its bulletin board date back to 2005. (It must have been the time, when those were brought into the game.) I am shure, the tavern itself is older.
    Today might be the last chance to visit it during its official opening times on tuesday evenings. The tavern is condemmned and already in 'somewhat worn' condition.
    There is not too much left of old Valoria, so I thought, waving a goodbye to the 'Sword & Shovel Tavern' (Northern Minoc Plains Trammel, 129.43'N, 79,22'E) would be fair.

2. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think Tyranissa Wraith takes care of the establishment now. It seems to be an old and very important part of not just the Valoria community but also the Europa community.

A book inside the tavern has its history:

3. cheerful

cheerful Guest

A few of us boardies popped our heads in last night, bit of a shock for Tyr when the proverbial 'coach' turned up out side the tavern.
    Service was first class as one would suspect though.

Sorry to hear of it's closing.

4. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Yeah sad to hear its falling. The Sword and Shovel is a legendary Tavern. Valoria was once a very large and grand player town which was a big Hub of roleplay in the past. Many roleplayers and RP guilds used to reside up there. I myself spent some time Roleplaying up there in one of the guilds. It was pretty great.

5. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Its gone now. I hope that most of the stuff, that was important got saved and went into the right hands.
    (And I hope that Leatherwylde is a worthy keeper of the stuff that he was allowed to pick from my gatherings. IF there was any worthy among. :D )