1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

An Orc armor set please guys

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Harb, May 23, 2009.

1. Harb

Harb Guest

With SA around the corner, bringing the anticipated and appreciated onset of gargolyes, wouldn't it be nice if the oldest of UO's "other races," the role-played Orcs, finally saw a little love? Just a high-speed 4 piece armor set of ringmail would be very nice!

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I wouldn't mind that...

However I have to point out that you can make an OK orc suit right now by combining one of the artifact orc helms (and every once in awhile you can find an orc helm with respectable mods as loot) with good Ring Mail armor, which can be easily made. (Armor that's at least resist-heavy can easily be made non-runicly, I have been told by crafters.)

Voila!

Now throw on the Fey Leggings, which in addition to looking like Chan Mail can be a vicious irony for orcs to wear. "Wez getz thiz from clompin' PIX-eyz!!!"

-Galen's player

3. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would like to see legacy items brought up to speed with UOs current systems.

Orcish Masks of Kin (the green ones) should be somewhat useful. Something like 10/10/10/10/10 in resists with 10%HCI, would be perfect.

As well make USEFUL sets for Orcs and Savages too...

While you're at it... please add a deer and bear mask much like I'm suggesting for the Orc mask... with similar properties/resists.

4. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There are four parts of ring, plus the helm, plus the boots. Orcs usually hold an axe, too, but including a specific weapon in such a set would likely lower it's practicality (regardless of how good the other mods were).

Ideally, such a set would not have any dye applied to it when fully worn.

15 base + 13 material bonus + 11 skill bonus = 39 per part without the use of runics.

5. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

Yes, why not. I think this is a great idea.

Siteswap

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I like the idea, and would like to see a chain set too...

BTW, if any of you orc RPers do some cross-shard shoppng on LA, my vendor near Yew Tram cemetary has a nice RP orc mask (brown type) for just 10k

Self Repair 5, 15/1/21/20/8 (65 resists, and you never have to take it off to repair it)

7. UONanook

UONanook Guest

+1 for better "Orc" armor... personally, I would like to see it be Mage Armor as I use Mage Armor ringmail on many of my orcs for stealth and the JoAT meditation. It would be REALLY nice to have some medable orc gear with fairly decent resists

8. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Am with it. Would be great for the orc rp or just someone who wants to have a orc suit worth while. Am all for it.

9. Fink

Fink Guest

Thing is if they make a suit that's "too useful" people will wear it for the mechanical advantage rather than the RP.. so you end up with hordes of people using it out of context. A bit like how people go elf for the mana or wear a half-apron for the stats.

That said I do believe they should make orc items - helms, masks, etc - craft-/enhance-/imbue-able.

10. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If the proposed orc-suit isn't any better than the other set suits, overpowering it wouldn't be a problem.

It would be nice to have a set with mid-range resists and perhaps some strength and stamina increases.