1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ancient pottery frags re: Dom

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ludes, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

These fragments can be combined to make stuff.. here's one I have partially reconstructed..

[​IMG]

2. Loren

Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Neat picture. Perhaps you are on an old quest or have an old rare. The Ancient Pottery Fragments, that drop off of Toxic Slith, or water elementals, or whatever, by themselves do nothing but exist for a turn in to Axem the Curator for the A Broken Vase quest. I find no data on Partially Reconstructed Antiquity, besides what is on UoGuide and Stratics, and it is that which references "The Awakening" quest.

Now, Ancient Pottery Fragments, also qualify as items Alchys can use to make Crystal Dust, and then make Gorgon Lenses. I find that interesting. You could use these to help kill Medusa, which you just mentioned was your next project. I would use them for that project, or turning in to Axem the Curator. I am not convinced these are used to make an Antiquity thing. I could be wrong, it happens. I am not well versed in rarities, such is not my purview.

Good Night.

-DOM

3. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Those are probably from the sifting sand event that was outside Ver Lor Reg before Exodus entered his nesting phase

Ludes likes this.
  4. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ludes likes this.
  5. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It was too short a quest line in my opinion... and many including myself thought it was a perma addition to the quest list. So I didnt do much thinking I had time......
    Mesanna might like to return it back on... alot of people were having fun wiht it.

MalagAste and The Zog historian like this.
  6. Dot_Warner

I second this being turned back on. No reason for it not to be a permanent addition since the abuses were fixed! Without it, there is little reason to spend any time in that area, aside from running through it on the way to the dungeon.

7. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Out of curiosity, if you still have sifters, can you still get fragments there? I have a couple hundred sifters somewhere. If no one knows for sure I'll go try it.

8. Dot_Warner

Yes, you can.

9. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Yes, and I horde mine... The day I stop being able to spawn there will be sad.

However, if it were turned back on, I would hope that different items would result or else the market for the rareish Jukka and Meer artifacts would be destroyed unfairly.

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I too wish them to be turned back on! WAY too short of an event.

11. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I long have thought this should be turned back on and, indeed, expanded to include other areas in the game and, importantly, other artifacts.

Gravewater Lake in Malas comes to mind, what with a mysterious pyramid near its shores and a shipwreck, with Shadowlord apparitions spawning no less, within its depths.

There's also the Compassion Desert in Trammel/Felucca.

Grimswind Ruins in Malas.

Other areas in Malas (legacies of the long conflict between Necromancers and Paladins).

Many ruins throughout Trammel/Felucca.

Much of the rest of Ilshenar also could be good.

The Lost Lands in Trammel! Right now there's nothing there. The Lost Lands in Felucca has Champ Spawns.

And the possibilities for deco items are near-endless just by re-huing things and coming up with new, cool, culturally appropriate names. (A vase called, say, "A Vase Designed by Mrs..." whatever the last name of that Baron is from Jhelom that we've got the cloak named after. Or a bedroll called "A Bedroll Leftover from Crawworth's Expedition to the Lost Lands.")

Indeed, here's an ear worm for you.....A minor chance at a clean Legendary Artifact nestled amidst the deco items.

-Galen's player

Dot_Warner likes this.