1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ancient Tome of Rituals Moongate Research translated..

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by Magdalena Chef, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Magdalena Chef

Magdalena Chef Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

...or whatever you want to call it. I missed the event last night but I did find these lovely books on top of Britain Bank.

Here are the solutions/translations: (I think in the first one the scribe may have made a slight boo-boo)

Ancient Book of Rituals (tome one):

Mae ddaw un a fydd yn llyddo. Doethrineb a Rhinweddau yn allweddol.

A Ddaw one that will succeed. Wisdom and Attributes are key. (the ddaw.....hm....?)

Ancient Book of Rituals (Tome 2):

Bydd y geiriau yn cael ei sairad mwen amser a bydd yr holl ei iachau.

The words being spoken in time and all his healing.

Ancient Book of Rituals (Tome 3): Bydd yr ynni a ryddheir yn rhoi pwer i yr un. Bydd yn cael ei ddwed bydd un cael ei wneud

The energy released empowers each. It will be said, will be done.

Do I get to be an Honorary Scribe or something? What do I win? *grins* Not sure what it means, means - but maybe it'll make sense to those who were present. Hope it helps!

ps - If I copied the ancient tome stuff wrong, forgive me it's after 5 am and I really should be in bed.....

#1 Magdalena Chef, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  2. Fig_The_Ancient

Fig_The_Ancient Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

ok the next question is what Language is it? (I think it gargish...but I have been wrong before)

3. Lindae Lives

It is Welsh, an ancient language from terrestrial Earth, a variant of which was also spoken by the great abyssal cultists of Grimswind before they all died, leaving only unicorn-infested ruins.

I may actually be talking out of my arse. If I'm wrong, please correct me. The Grimswinders did speak Welsh, though.

#3 Lindae Lives, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  4. Magdalena Chef

Magdalena Chef Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, it is Welsh. (Only a few languages have consonant placement [look like] that).

So, question is- does it help or not? :)

5. A Zombie

A Zombie Adventurer

Dunno about any of that, but try speaking zombish. Only like 4 words that I know of. *moans* (total gibberish) *brains* (which there is a major shortage of) *Tias* (holy @#$% I'm gonna die again) and one other thing I can't translate in a family friendly environment

6. Lindae Lives

I am altogether too excited about the possibility of a linguistic link between the Grimswinders and the ancient Ilshenari, but I am aware that nobody cares so I will refrain from ranting about it.

7. SuperKen

SuperKen Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I wasn't aware that there was ever any reason to not have rants on Stratics.

8. Alouenikah

Alouenikah Caretaker of Sudiva
    Stratics Veteran

is never the good idea to let leendeh rant about any things

except how pretty i am, that is fine :heart: