1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

And the New Governors are... *drum rolls*

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kattasrophe, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Hugibear, Governor of Britain
    Sam, Governor of Jhelom
    The Gooch, Governor of Minoc
    Kelmo, Governor of Trinsic
    York, Governor of Skara Brae
    Morgan Ironfist, Governor of New Magincia
    Kattasrophe, Governor of Moonglow
    Vesper: None
    Yew: None

Congratulations everyone! You did it! I look forward to working with all of you this term. I would like to celebrate with all of you today if you are online.
    :thumbsup::cheerleader::danceb::banana::party::mf_prop:

DeadBob and Spiffykeen like this.
  2. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

what are the abilities that are being placed in each of these towns

3. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well... I voted twice for this Sam guy giving him 100% of the Jhelom vote and a lock on the election. Yet... The Performing Arts Centre is still in operation. We shall see...

Rue Tor
    Citizen of Jhelom

Terms.gif

P.S. Note - It appears Term Limits have already implemented in Vesper and Yew

Kattasrophe likes this.
  4. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Congrats all!

Kattasrophe likes this.
  5. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

I am not doing the trade deals the citizens of Moonglow are rich in the heart. Not in gold. As for others, I have not a clue.

6. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

Congrats all

Kattasrophe likes this.
  7. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

how much money you gonna pony up for said abilities. You seem to always want something for nothing. When you were governor of brit the last time we enjoyed 0 ablilities for your entire term. It would be nice if people got charged for using the abilities to help refund the treasury.

Kat likes this.
  8. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

BO i dont know what your talking about my first term i supplied the whole term with FC1 my own gold more then you have did while you were Govenor but that ok i dont expect you to know that and your right i did not recieve any support on this last term so no i didnt utilize a trade deal but im willing to contribute to a town that would run a FC1

Troop and Baby Doll like this.
  9. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Well then Britain citizens can rejoice. It looks as if the Bo believes it is the governor's responsibility to fund the treasury, when citizens fail to pay 2 mil a week for trade deals. Yay for Britain citizens, you all might have a trade deal every week of Bo's reign as governor!

Troop likes this.
  10. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Listen sour grapes, you and sprags arent reading very well here. Let the bo explain. Sprags posts asking what abilities are going to be in each town, looks like he is assuming the govs will front the money. The bo just posted askin him to put up some goldies, and stated what happened last time he was governor. And now you have chirp in with your ****ty remarks, if you go and reread bo's last sentence, where in the hell did bo say the governors have to fund this?
    If you like Bo can make it where Bo is the governor and the commanding lord, bo thinks that would be an awesomo idea. Thanks for the idea baby doll.

11. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

*frowns* This post was made to congratulate everyone.. not start a fight!

12. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Your right Kattasrophe this thread was a nice thread until a childish slanderous comment was made about an honest and giving person. I will ignore all following underhanded childish threats from Siege toons who make further dumbass statements like the one quoted above! Have a great day Katt.

TheDrAJ likes this.
  13. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

sprago reads just fine you said sprago was trying to get free abilities and thats just not true im more then willing to pay some taxes to get the abilities as i stated i have payed for the abilites when i was govenor of brit on my first term the whole term it was expensive but i still did it, can you say the same?

to me It seems bo is looking for reasons to argue with sprago again

14. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

New Magincia stays loyal to the Assassin's guild which struck a Trade Deal with New Magincia on day one I was elected governor and stayed in effect since then.
    Sprago and Baby Doll have supported through donations a lot (Last term Baby Doll 5 weeks (10 million) on her own ). Others have supported too, but some are not known to me since they contributed directly to the stone, for which I am also very grateful!
    I asked at a governor's meeting if such a system as suggested by Bo could be implemented (my suggestion was 50k for every activation of the trade deal by a player) and I was told it will be looked into, but.....well as so often it takes a while.

Sprago likes this.
  15. the_gooch

the_gooch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This is a reply from Kronix regarding the pay per use. Here is a hint: they dont think its as good of an idea as the rest of us.

""Could this request for a "Pay Per Use" on buffs be falling on deaf ears? I do not think that's a huge change to make and it would help SOOOOO many!

Mesanna, please weigh in here.

~ Sue."
    I do not think that a "pay per use" buff would solve the perceived issue. If a citizen is not inclined to donate money in order to keep the trade deal active, why would they willing to pay a fee for the same thing?

The impetus is on the Governor to keep the city coffers full. This does not mean that the Governor is expected to pay out of pocket for the trade deals for the entirety of their term. What this does, however, mean is that the Governor should be actively pursuing means to raise money for the trade buffs in coordination with their citizenry. There are a variety of ways to raise funds - whether via trade or just good old fashioned dungeon crawling the idea is to engage your citizens and bring them together, playing towards a common goal - whatever that may be.

If in playing towards those goals you find there are tools you, as a Governor, would like to have that could facilitate progress towards that goal let us know - being pragmatic about those types of tools really helps! :D"​

Shortly after he got a reply from a DoT_Warner that i agreed with

While your intention may not be for the governors to pay out of pocket for the buffs, that's certainly not the reality for the past 9 months. If people don't donate, the governor is expected to pick up the tab. As long as the buff is free, the system is screwed. In Britain on GL, a few people donate gold and I greatly appreciate them for it. The majority however don't because the buff is free.

Two million a week is a lot of dungeon crawling, its 6.6 champ spawns a week if all the gold is picked up. Far more of a time commitment than any governor should be expected to devote. (A governor's player needs to have fun too!) Say you run a dungeon crawl or champ spawn to collect gold... Whats to stop most people from collecting it and then just recalling away? How do you get them to donate it? You can't. Unless you personally know everyone on your shard, you can't hold people accountable for not following along. A passive system such as this will fail due to human nature.

The buffs require an in game method of "forced donation" for this to be a viable system. It's perfectly reasonable for a city to expect payment for a special service.

The flip side to this is that governors are expected to run events. To do this, they have to spend more of their own gold on prizes and the like since unless they just want one or two people to show, they have to give away tens of millions of gold for a decent turn out. We can't compete with the instant windfalls of cash that the EM events can provide, nor have we been given the tools to run plotlines more "exciting" than a normal player.​

#15 the_gooch, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  16. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

I am sure the system the way it is now might work on Atlantic but low population shards will always be supported by a rare few who donate.
    I think the price on Siege should be about 6-10 times cheaper to reflect the value of the gold on the shard.

the_gooch likes this.
  17. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

actually it should be 5x times. Why isnt it 5x more expensive like everything else on siege?
    faction arties are 5x more expensive on siege than on any other shard, everything cept this is 5x more expensive. this should be like everything else.

when not give the governor some way to generate money, give them some power. Guards cost money, less guards more money into coffers, less chance of guards being called. be able to set vendor rates on a %. tax bank usage (like atms). why not have hoa's for leaving under the guards rule.

18. Leather Lucy

Leather Lucy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I donated a check to Baby Dolls' mailbox the first time I handed cash over, was I supposed to do it at a stone you say?