1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

animal pheromon FOUND!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ceridwen, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

In Fire Rabbit loot - Fire rabbits spawn on Mt. Sho in Tokuno! :D
  2. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 13, 2008
    Sounds most interesting. Hmm, looks like I'll be mounting an expedition later to find one of these beasties and see what all the fuss is about. Any clues as to what the hell animal pheromone is for?

EDIT: ok, just read the other thread, so I know now :)
  3. Lucy of Kenton

Lucy of Kenton Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
  4. Ni-

Ni- Guest

There are fire rabbits?
  5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 26, 2008
    I'm rather impressed with the number things we're being given to chase all at once.
  6. CassieDarksong

CassieDarksong Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
  7. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    Darn, these buggers are hard to kill. I got one down to 30% health, when it dug a hole and vanished. Blasted rabbits!
  8. Multani

Multani Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 24, 2008
  9. Fire Rabbit.

HP: 2500
    Stamina: 1500
    Mana: 1500
    Str: 130
    Dex: 4500
    Int: 2500
    Resists: 49/100/40/49/46
    Damage: 100% Fire, 10-15 base
    Skills: Wrestle 80, Tactics 0, Resisting spells 200, Anatomy 0.
    Other: Fire aura, non provokeable (=/), non discordable (=/), auto dispel, can't all kill (but using guard will work). Melee/archer damage seems to randomly raise/drop some swings doing 40+ others doing 4.

Tip: Spam attack last macro (old system - or new equivalent w/e it is) and the rabbit will constantly run to you, seems to prevent burrowing (unless it was just dying too quick). Saves having to chase it & saves your pet having to chase it.

Not sure wth it needs all those stats for though.

Loot: Similar to vorpal rabbit, minus the statue/eggs, plus a beaker 'animal pheremone' which you can't dbl click.
  10. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 20, 2008
    It is used in the crafting of the Hitching Posts *smiles*

For those on Atlantic. I have a rune locked down to Mt. Sho at Dragonstorm. Just outside of Southeast Umbra gate.
  11. Aboo

Aboo Guest

My pet refused to attack it although it did fight it when it attacked me and I lost karma when it died.
  12. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
  13. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 7, 2006
    (sorry, couldn't resist - i'm stuck at work and can't go see for meself) :D
  14. Vahne

Vahne Guest

I get about one pheromone every 1-2 hours.
  15. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

I've spent about 4 hours on thoes damn bunnys and nothing. Now it is camped and you are hard pressed to get in on killing it. Nice of them to give us only one bunny to try for in one specific site.
  16. Sytherea

Sytherea Guest

Are you absolutely sure that's the ONLY place they spawn?
  17. Fink

Fink Guest

So.. how's a tinker meant to come by animal pheromone? Throw golems at the rabbit? Or simply pay whatever gouge prices are set by the combat-enabled?
  18. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Same way you get the rope from the kraken, resolve's bridle from Red Death and philips wooden steed of paragons I guess.
  19. Pay for them ;) Sorry I know how you feel I still pissed about the book cases, why make a new artifact that is only going to spawn in Bedlam CS and is camped by every thief there is, when all those DOOM books could have been used instead.

At least this time I got the Doom Saddle, my first since the doors of Doom opened, all the thiefs are busy in Bedlam or Fel CS.
  20. The fastest and easiest way to kill the fire rabbit that I've found is with a dexxer, honor, enemy of one, consecrate weapon, a nice mana leech diamond mace and doing 70-140 damage per hit. My mace is also 30% SSI, so it takes about a minute to kill one.

I pull up the health bar, honor and just keep double click it. I've got 3 pheromone so far out of about 2 hours of bunny bashing.

The only thing I don't understand is why it has fire area damage and then you lose karma when you kill it.
  21. gandolfofaol

gandolfofaol Guest

Why would you care? I thought you were a pvp thief?