1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ann's Bones - Easter Egg or Trick?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zeke, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

During the first week of the Halloween event I got Red Mesanna bones off of a Skeletal Knight/Bone Knight in one of the cemeteries. It had the same hit points as the named ones. Since then I have gotten 4 sets of Ann's Bones off of the Skeletal Knights, so did they do this to make the MesANNa one's more rare or is it a bug or a trick? There were no Skeletal Knights named Ann, there are no players named Ann on Legends that I'm aware of and this has happened in different cemeteries on different days. Has anyone else found Ann's bones?

2. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

These were skeletons that didn't have a name? I don't even open those to look. If they are named Ann then you have an Ann getting killed on your server.

#2 Pawain, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  3. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper

No, there isn't an Ann on the server and there are no Ann named skeleton zombies. These were unnamed Skeletal Knights with the same 2500+ hitpoints as the named ones.

4. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

The Mesanna bones were from a player with a character named Mesanna, just like Ann is.

sibble likes this.
  5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

how do you know?

6. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

I make interesting names each year. Just use a trial acct or have a disposable spot. I have not seen an un-named skele with high hit points.

7. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Also, Ann seems like a pretty generic name. I happened to die while under the effect of a disguise kit, and I later found skeletons with the disguise name, and even collected her bones. So, thats a possibility.

G.v.P likes this.
  8. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Th other day I did see two skeletal knights in Fel Cove that had the 2200+HP. One gave me bones with the name Dameon Thisont"s (it is either quotation marks or double apostrophes). I had assumed that the character (") caused an error on the monster but worked on the bones. I then went to Fel Brit and there was another high HP knight that I didn't kill when I ran out of bandies and recalled. This was on Catskill.

9. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper

Wrong, there wasn't a Mesanna or an Ann character on that got killed . There is a rare chance for her bones to spawn in unnamed Skeletal Knights. As far as Ann goes, there were no Skels named Ann. I've been doing all the cemetaries in Fel & Tram on Legends for the last 18 days. Most times I'm the only one doing them. I gotten over 200 Carving Kits from the Butchers and dozens and dozens of named bones. Most of the unnamed skeletal knights I've killed didn't have bones, but 5 Anns so far and the one Mesanna one. In the 18 days of doing this there have been NO named ones with the name of Ann and all the Ann bones came from unnamed ones so that is not the answer.

#9 Zeke, Oct 18, 2013
  10. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

This is such BS. There is no "rare" bone container, this is just something people spread when they try to sell the Mesanna bones they make from their own characters.

sibble, Nyses, Flutter and 1 other person like this.
  11. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper

If it came from a character created death then the Skeletal Knight would have Mesanna's Name, not just a Skeletal Knight. I'm not trying to sell anything. I have the container locked down in my cemetery on my castle roof. You can not make a character named Mesanna (try it), although there may be some out there from before they disallowed the name. But if it was from a character called Messana that died there would be Mesanna Skeleton Zombies. This was from an Unnamed one that had 2500+ hit points, the same is true for the ones with the Ann bones I got. In the hundreds of named skeleton zombies I killed, not ONE was named Mesanna or Ann. Legends is a low population shard and I know for certain that there was not an Ann that died.

12. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

There are TONS of Mesanna characters made before they changed it.

Again, there have NEVER been rare bone containers, they have ALL been character names. I dont know why its bugging out and not having the skeletal knights having the name, but they are not "rare".

Nyses and Lord Frodo like this.
  13. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper

If they're character ones why have I not seen a Single Mesanna Skeleton Zombie, or a Single Ann Skeleton Zombie on Legends?

14. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

:facepalm: And I guess the next thing you will tell us is The Dark Lady herself carved some pumpkins and gave them all to the same person on Alt to sell.

#14 Lord Frodo, Oct 18, 2013
  15. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Im more confused why someone thinks Ann is a rare drop skeleton name.

16. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, seems much more likely that its just a bug that's causing them to not have a name, (or someone is not paying close attention and it DOES have a name) cause I have been skeleton camping pretty hard all month and I have seen no abnormalities or heard anything about it anywhere outside of this post.

If there were some "rare" bones more than one person would know about about it by now. Plus... I really doubt that the rare bones would be "Ann" bones.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  17. The Shamrock

I don't think a single facepalm does this thread justice.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  18. Alexander of ATL.

Alexander of ATL. Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
    Stratics Veteran

You're right...

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Uriah Heep and Lord Frodo like this.
  19. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Ohh lordy not more mesanna merchandise [ trademark ]...jeepers soon there will be new mesanna stuff we can buy from EAs store.....[whatever]

20. Avenrose

Avenrose Journeyman

I don't know about the Ann bones but the Mesanna ones are someone make a character with that name and dieing over and over to get the zombies to spawn, I watched a person on Atl doing it in ilsh...as for the no name Zombies that drop bones I have seen many of them and have gotten many different bones from them, my guess is that they spawn with no name when to many people die at once, it confusses the que on names so it comes up blank or its just a coding error. Just my 2 pennies

#20 Avenrose, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    Lord Frodo likes this.
  21. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Interesting thread...
    Whatever it is, though, if the OP has already collected 5 of them and only 1 Mesanna, I think it's safe to say that is not rare.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  22. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yep was on Origin last night saw a Mesanna thought wtf?????? So went into the bank and saw it was a person who made that char..... far as I recall making such a character IS a Bannable offense. Just saying.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  23. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

It is not possible to create a character named Mesanna--try it--you cannot.

24. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

You could about 2 years ago make a char named Mesanna, but it is no longer allowed. Also if you page on a char with the name, they won't be banned but the char will be deleted. Needless to say, there is most likely quite a few Mesanna chars still tucked away on accts.

#24 S_S, Oct 19, 2013
    THP and Lord Frodo like this.
  25. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Used to be it was a bannable offense to try to pass yourself off as a DEV.... it's a violation of the ToS.

26. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And the same goes for EM Names etc..

So i recommend everyone not to do it...

27. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

That is from a char named Mesanna. You could make char names like that before, now it is illegal. So, my bet is that naming monster with mesanna falls into same category, and is illegal...so therefore just a skeleton.

28. Lightfoot

Lightfoot Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Last year I logged on very early right after the Halloween event started. I went to the Brit graveyard on LS and was attacked by "A Zombie Skeleton". No player name was involved. After I killed the creature, I found a set of white bones called "Bones' bones". A second one spawned and I got another set. Same name. I went off to look at something else and never saw an unnamed zombie skeleton again. I still have both those skeletons in my bank box. Never found a character named "Bones" so I believe this was the basic template for these creatures before we discovered dying in a graveyard caused named zombie skeletons to spawn. Make of this what you will.

29. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

You may recommend but players will do it. There has been little to no punishment for "bending the rules " in UO.

30. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

The main point I would like to make though is....

REALLY?!?

31. MalagAste

Well When somone thought they would be smart and named their character King B1ackthorn...... at an EM event their character got a free name change.... to something stupid like Bob...

I still believe that should be an automatic mark on your account and a 3 day suspension ..... second offense like that ought to be a second mark on your account and a 3 week suspension..... third strike and your out.

But maybe that's just me

#31 MalagAste, Oct 19, 2013
  32. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

I agree but as you know and many others know there is not much policing in UO unless players report them. EA has always done this with all their MMO's. Police it themselves at first to a point you can't even fart in the game with out a GM showing up then later you learn you can take a huge poo in the game and not get in trouble for it. That is EA's way of policing a game. I call it the Exlax effect.

MalagAste likes this.
  33. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

btw, when you die on your mesanna character, the skeleton that gets created doesn't have mesanna in its name - it's nameless, but you can still get mesanna named bones from it - not saying how I know ... hehe

NuSair and Lord Frodo like this.
  34. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

Nameless how? Does it say zombie skeleton or just the normal skeletal knight name?

Now what about Ann....

35. foxfoxfox

foxfoxfox Visitor

I believe it is possible. Last year I got EM's bone, and I still have it. I believed EM was testing something in the shard during that time.

36. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable

There IS someone on Legends with a char named Mesanna. He made the char back .....the Halloween had the evil twins spawn with the cool colored clothes? That's when he made it because he had a Luna vendor fill with clothes he'd made from that cloth that all said "made by Mesanna". Okay Fast forward to this summer when Mesanna was fixing one of those things only she could fix. She was checking out my stuff and spied the dress. She inform me she DID NOT make that and it was a FAKE. I said I suspicioned that considering who's vendor I bought it from. I will not post his name as its a violation of the rules...shoot me a PM I'll tell you EXACTLY who it is. I'll give ya'll a hint...think ultimate douchebaggery.

37. MalagAste

The one I saw was on Origins.

38. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I've seen quite a few of the super bone knights spawn without a name of the person. Some have had bones, some haven't. Them spawning without a name on them is a bug.