1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Annual Subscription (did it ever exist)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kanid99, Mar 22, 2010.

1. kanid99

kanid99 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Please if anyone can, please help me settle a dispute.

I recall once upon a time that UO has a 1-year plan, or a 1-year timecard for $59.98 (or $4.99 a month!). I think it was for a short time, a promotional thing, probably around 97-99 and may have been tied to the release of T2A. My friend says this never happened.

Can anyone help me corroborate this or confirm that Im wrong ?

2. jaraxlebaenrae

jaraxlebaenrae Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

it is true...the price im not sure about, but UO used to be like 7.99 a month..

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

If there had been such a plan, I think I would have taken it if I had known about it.

The longest I ever heard of is the 6 month option.

4. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

the extra long term options came from when they increased their rate to 12.99..
    uo used to be 9.99 a month, they went to 12.99 but then gave the option to pay 6 months in advance keeping it 9.99 a month..

then they started charging tax.

5. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

There used to be an annual option, years ago. I do not remember exaclty when, how long they offered it or how much it was though. Every month I remember wishing I had the money for it. I remember talking to alot of my ingame friends about it at one point and them saying that they would never do it because UO would'nt be around that long. lol All the old friends are long gone but UO is still here.

6. I pay 59.99 for 6 months of play or something like that basically 10 buck a month. That is such a bargain. I get so much pleasure from playing a month of UO and for just $10. I would pay for 3 years if that was an option.

7. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure if there ever was a 1 year subscription, but if I recall correctly, EA states they'll give us 6 months notice if they cancel the game. Thus a 6 month subscription will allow for that window of cancellation without people paying for a service they wouldn't be able to use.