1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Another blah Halloween that smacks of little effort

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by Prince Caspian, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Really, devs. How much longer are you gonna serve us leftovers from previous years?

2. RuSini Neb

RuSini Neb Journeyman

Hey the mindset of some around here, we should be so lucky that the devs of this amazingly wonderful game graced us with the privileged of letting us replay old content for new no thought rewards..

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm sorry, I thought the skeletons in the graveyard giving your bones was brand new this year? I certainly don't remember doing it before.

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

And new masks that can be dyed. :)

5. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Day 3 of the Graveyard event and the Graveyards are mostly empty again.. i guess there is only so much fun to be had making silly named characters for bones (but i guess it appeals to the younger players). I feel, while the event was-is fun, it could have been part of a longer quest chain, just seems over a month is far too long for little content.
    I'm sure people will flame back with 'I have never had so much fun that killing a skeleton with Dem bones name or yo'mammas bones name etc...'' but each to their own i guess.

6. Ah, right. Let's applaud the devs for the 15 minutes it took them to do that. No Halloween event quest, no changes to trick or treating (again), same pumpkins, and a few tweaked sprites.

And before we get the "well be thankful you got anything" posts, maybe the devs should be thankful I'm paying them for my subscription fees so they'll keep me entertained. This isn't charity.

RuSini Neb likes this.
  7. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Isn't there supposed to be a new spawn too? For Halloween...or was that for something else...too much new stuff I get them confused!

AND considering the fact that I wasn't around for the past few Halloweens...and didn't have GM Begging...STILL don't have GM Begging but I'm workin on it! It's NICE to have a chance to get the things I wasn't able to.

Anyway....it's true the saying you can't please everyone....I understand your frusteration Prince Caspian but if you look to the horizon I see good things coming. I would rather a few minor Halloween additions so that the team has more time to focus on other, more important issues...like the upcoming big bug fix patch...and coronation of our new King...which is HUGE....at least to me.

devil99 likes this.
  8. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

For me it's my first Halloween event - for you i have kinda an advise: If you dont like it, dont play it :lick:

9. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Prince Caspian complaining, now that is true unoriginality.
    Seriously though, I don't remember the last time they had these skeletons and a lot of people are enjoying it, so in that context I would say this is a sucessful halloween. You don't like it then fine, let the other people enjoy it.

#9 Viper09, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    Parnoc likes this.
  10. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Well, it's something for the children :), Can't imagine many Adults getting more than a brief 5 minute chuckle renaming bones to something a little rude.

11. hongkongwong

hongkongwong Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

So with you there, totally disappointed.

12. RuSini Neb

RuSini Neb Journeyman

The masks are cool, but I agree they could have done more for Halloween.

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

If you can put together the coding, artwork and all else involved in doing something like that in 15 minutes, please contact EA, I'm sure they'd be delighted to take you up on it.
    Actually, you're paying your subscription in order to be able to connect to the servers.
    If you want 'more for halloween' please let them know which other aspect of the game they should neglect in order to spend more time on this holiday event?

old gypsy, DarkWolf, Parnoc and 2 others like this.
  14. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Same here very desappointed... deco are easy to create, they could create some everyday , compared to dread mare which need knowledge to create or that conj trinket or garb which needed some work to put ingame, here the masks and bones are pretty much some easy pixels, for a 15th halloween I say it again, desappointed !

RuSini Neb likes this.
  15. RuSini Neb

RuSini Neb Journeyman

ridiculous user requests such as bringing out a client that 3/4 the user population does not want, or the art enhancements... What about the boosters.. ( oh yeah they cut those out already ) or how about the new player experience ( oh that's gone too ) or how about the extensive work to new mag ( oh that ones a goner two ) or all the work they are putting into the high seas to add some meaningful content ( nope nothing here ) Tell me what they are actually working on ( that they are releasing besides dungeon revamps ) and then Ill know what I have to pick from to ask them to stop working on.

16. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Dang it Petra, you took the words right out of my mouth.... What she said: ^^^^^^^^
    :rant2:

17. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You want to know what they are working on then go back and read through the producers letter and look at the video of the recent town hall meeting. They aren't hiding their plans, all you need to do is keep an open ear (or eye). It has already been mentioned that their big goal is to squash out numerous bugs.And I think a lot more than 1/4 enjoy the new client and better art enchancements, a lot more, unless you're suggesting you represent 3/4 of the player-base, lol

#17 Viper09, Oct 3, 2012
  18. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

''And I think a lot more than 1/4 enjoy the new client, a lot more, unless you're suggesting you represent 3/4 of the player-base''

Sadly, with the emptiness of most shards, he very well could be hehe

Viper09 likes this.
  19. RuSini Neb

RuSini Neb Journeyman

I can find poles on stratics that support my claim... Not that it is worth my time mind you.

Also my post didn't say anything about them 'hiding' anything. It does say they talk about doing all this stuff then set on it for months then we never hear or see it again... And if we do, its 1/2 implemented bug ridden and crap filled and we are lucky to get a patch to fix it, but yet you have trust they can fix every or even 1/10th of the bugs in this game... From what I see when they try to fix bugs, they just create 10x more problems then they had... Look at faction change attempts over the past year.

#19 RuSini Neb, Oct 3, 2012
  20. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Words are fun. So I will say I can find poles that prove your claim is in error...Not that it is worth my time either :)

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  21. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

I think ya both should leave the polish folks outta this :mad:

lol

Viper09 likes this.
  22. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Lol, great response :lol:

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  23. KupalaUO

KupalaUO Visitor

Well at least the events are better in UO then in for example, WoW? Where all the holiday events litteraly are the same year after year with no change what so ever :) So yeah i think the UO team actually put in more effort then some others :)