1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Dreaded Template Help Thread

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by tymbow, Nov 18, 2008.

1. tymbow

tymbow Guest

Some suggestions please. Pure mage, mostly PvE.

100 Strength
    30 Dexterity
    100 Intelligence

100 Evaluating Intelligence
    100 Focus
    100 Inscription
    120 Magery
    100 Meditation
    100 Resisting Spells
    100 Wrestling

The use of 100 Focus was just something I was toying about with. I have high Mana Regen now with my suit and jewellery so I will drop this.

The question is what to do with this? It is worth picking up Spellweaving in place of Focus? Maybe raise all skills (except Inscription of course) to 120 with loss of Focus? Any other suggestions?
  2. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

You could drop med and focus for necro and SS. Run it in wraith form and leech all you mana. Depends on your spell book collection and where and what you hunt. Not that id advise it but if you go human you would have 40 points in a regen skill set to offset any penalty for MR on the suit. Properly done that works great!

IMO if ya went SW you NEED to be 120. That would mean getting a skill boost some where or dropping some points to hit 120. In SW the only spell I find useful is WoD and an occasional NF. Some players use thunderstorm or dryad alure but for me its WoD or my time/mana could be spent better elsewhere.
  3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I'd just up the rest of the skills to 120. With 120 EI, wrestle and resist, you'll really notice the difference.
  4. tymbow

tymbow Guest

Thanks for the help, this is what I've decided for now:

100 Strength
    30 Dexterity
    100 Intelligence
    120 Evaluating Intelligence
    20 Focus
    100 Inscription

120 Magery
    120 Meditation
    120 Resisting Spells
    120 Wrestling
  5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

May 21, 2008
    One thing you might also consider if your karma is high is to drop the 20 focus and put on 20 Chivalry. Throw on another 15 points or so via items and you've got a very effective means of healing yourself that is quicker than casting greater heal even at 2/6 FC/FCR. If you've got the right ring or bracelet sitting around it might work well for you.

6. GFY

GFY Guest

Only thing I would suggest, drop your dex to 10 and add 20 to you int for more mana. I'm a BIG mana fan and I like having all the mana I can get. Make sure your suit has 40 LMC so you can cast even more spells and use less mana. In my experiences when I run out of mana I usually die so more is always a good thing.
  7. tymbow

tymbow Guest

Maybe. For some reason I hate using a mount with this char so I have to watch the stamina (not at the moment though because of Focus) but with no Focus I might have to to be on the safer side.

I know what you mean about dying though. I'm always very careful to make sure there is just enough mana left to invis and I also keep some invis pots on me.
  8. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Template looks solid.

I know this is *mostly for pvm, but

From a Felucca standpoint, considering pushthrough.
    I would suggest dropping Med to an even 100.
    Then raise Focus further to 40.
    The little bit of Stamina regen will keep you out of some tight situations if you decide to play in Fel much.

Strong monster combos in Tram can flatline your stamina also I believe, not just a Felucca thing.

Other than that little tweak, you are looking good.
  9. GFY

GFY Guest

I usually carry total refresh pots as well. If I'm running for my life and my stamina starts to drop, which it does often with 10 dex, I chug a refresh and keep on keeping on!
  10. tymbow

tymbow Guest

Long live the alchy's. Savior of all!
  11. GFY

GFY Guest

Just remember to keep one hand free if you chug pots. No 2 handed mage weapons! Well you can but you need a disarm macro before you chug.
  12. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Could always have a teloport icon on the screen just for this too!