1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Another Dreaded Template Help Thread

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by tymbow, Nov 18, 2008.

1. tymbow

tymbow Guest

Some suggestions please. Paladin, mostly PvE.

Currently:

Human
    100 Strength
    100 Dexterity
    30 Intelligence
    100 Anatomy
    100 Chivalry
    100 Focus
    120 Mace Fighting
    100 Parrying
    100 Resisting Spells
    100 Tactics

The question is what to do with this? Should I drop Chivalry to 80 and put 20 points into either Anatomy or Tactics? What about dropping Parrying or maybe Resisting Spells for Bushido? What about dropping Parrying or maybe Resisting Spells for Healing? Any other suggestions?

2. Trinsie

Trinsie Guest

120 Mace Fighting
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    90 Healing
    70 Chivalry

That is what I would do. Others will come in and tell you to drop stuff and add necromancy and spirit speak though.

3. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

what do you like to play?
    you set on mace fighting or even set on warrior?
    what is pve to you? dungeons? champs? peerless?

4. tymbow

tymbow Guest

PvE is a bit of everything to me really. Not so set on macing - never made one before so it seemed like a good idea at the time.

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

^ That.

But necromancy and spirit speak in place of anatomy and healing works as well.

I prefer the non-necromancer.

6. Kdog7777

Kdog7777 Guest

Yeah i agree with Trinsie as well. You dont need a ton of chiv for it to be effective, and focus is a waste of skill points anymore, imho.

Only thing i will add is some people like resist, personally I dont have it on my warrior, but i use plenty of pots & orange petals. If you want to keep resist then I guess I'd just drop focus for bushido, but others may have different opinions. That said I still think what Trinsie said is your best bet, resist is nice, but not utterly necessary.

7. tymbow

tymbow Guest

Yeah I've been in two minds about it as well. In practice I've found it only seems effective against low and medium level mobbies anyway and they are not much risk. The only spells of real risk are poison, blood oath and paralyse and I find you fail to resist these against higher level mobbies most of the time anyway.

8. If you're going to put points into anything, it should be Tactics. Tactics gives a higher damage increase per point than Anatomy. Almost double in fact. Chiv really doesn't need to be higher than 75 for it to be effective with very few failures.

Drop Focus and add Bushido. Focus is a waste of points.

You have 3 options you can go with as I see it. Standard Chiv Warrior, Sampire, or Wammy. Here are some templates to try out:

Standard-

120 Wep
    100 Tactics
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    100 Healing
    70 Chiv
    90 Anatomy

Carry a trapped box & orange petals and you're set. You can use a 1 handed weapon and also carry whatever pots you want and only lose 5% parry chance.

Sampire-

120 Wep
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    95 Tactics
    100 Necro
    100 Resist (or Anatomy or Spirit Speak)
    65 Chiv

Wammy-

120 Wep
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    95 Tactics
    100 Necro
    100 Spirit Speak
    65 Chiv

9. tymbow

tymbow Guest

Thanks for the help, this is what I've decided for now:

100 Strength
    100 Dexterity

30 Intelligence
    100 Anatomy
    120 Bushido
    70 Chivalry
    90 Healing
    120 Mace Fighting
    120 Parrying
    100 Tactics

10. You're better off switching the Anatomy and Healing points around to 90 Anat and 100 Healing. At GM Healing you have a 100% chance to cure level 6 poison and the difference in the damage increase from 10 less Anat won't even be noticed.