1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Another newbie needs help. lol

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by SaphirePhil, Jan 5, 2009.

1. SaphirePhil

SaphirePhil Guest

Hey there. I've been reading as much as I can about Siege and needless to say I'm very very interested. I read the first I need to do is get into a guild.
    Ummm... I made my character already, named SaphirePhil(go figure) and I am in need of +ninjitsu skill jewelry until I can get 20 ninjitsu on my own so I can start on my way to being a developed character.

If there are guild accepting brand new characters, please let me know and I'll post up my ICQ number so we can talk more. (I would do it now but I have to find it in a mess of papers)

P.S I don't know if it's smart to post it here, but I'm a beginning thief. Not sure how that relates to the good/evil system, but we'll see who is interested in having another guildmate and overall friend.
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Read the faq at the top and join NEW. They'll help you get on our feet.

Unless it's been sold there's a ninja jewel set on my husband's vendor, Con Jurer's Treasures, Molly Fyde's Emporium, Moonglow Gate. Although NEW can probably lend you a set if you wait till you've joined.
  3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Dread Lord

May 12, 2008
    Aye. As Petra has suggested, New is a wonderful start. Visit this forum and play the game. By the end of your term in NEW you will have a better understanding of the dynamics and base a choice on Guilds/alliances of that experience. *nods*

4. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Hello Phil :) Welcome to Siege. Nice to have met you ( and Tiberius ) earlier. Can't help out much in the way of jewels and stuff as just have a training crafter and a very low level pvmer but when I GM the tailoring you are welcome to free leather armour :) also I don't mind if you practise thiefing on me but keep your sticky paws offa my ingots :p lol !
  5. archite666

archite666 Guest

Ah well met, I see you listened to my advice.

Let me know if you need anything.
  6. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 28, 2000
    Do try NEW guild if you wish. It is very helpful to get to know Siege and guilds and their members here and other new arrivaled immigrants from other shards whom may have just gotten here and or joined NEW guild.

IF you do not get any ninj. jewelry..if it all still works...one can get from 0 - 20 using shooting blowdarts at rats in downtown Zento to up the skill to 25 or so..free..basically. The npcs sell those or any of us whom have carp chrs. can make ya the dart gun wep for free and ...the darts too for that matter.
    So tis not hopeless if that still works, to try killin some rats with blow darts to get ninja skill up from 0 to 25.0. *least that worked for me but that was 4 yrs ago here*
  7. Queen Amy

Queen Amy Guest

Ninjitsu gains from zero just changing yourself into a rat and back.
  8. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 31, 2004
    If you're human you can gain from zero because of jack of all trades. If you're elf, try wearing ninja skill jewelry if you're having trouble getting gains.
  9. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 16, 2007
    If you can get in touch with me in icq or pm me I can meet up with you thursday and i'll give you a 100k to get yourself on your feet. Incase you need resources, craftables, etc...
  10. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I was unable to join NEW because im a thief :(

and i really wanted to pvp thief, which i was told was not the NEW way so we had to part ways

If i new all i had to do was ask i wouldve done that rather than spend days down in despise waiting for others to finish spawns so i can help myself to the gold hehe
  11. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
    That's bs, NEW is now on my target list...la
  12. Phaheela

Phaheela Guest

Well 2 of my toons are currently members of NEW along with a few existing and some that have just moved on from NEW & at least 4 of the members are thieves, so as Rico said, thats Bs.

13. I am very interested in who told you this as it's utter bollocks. NEW does not discriminate, all new to Siege, low/unskilled returning players are welcome to join NEW provided they can abide by the few strict rules we have. We have a trainee thief in NEW more months than not and very few have been unable to stick to the rules.

Thieves in training are not allowed to steal from others while in NEW, nor snoop them unless they have permission from said player/s who are helping them with their training (these rules are in place for obvious reasons, as an attempted steal is also an attack, which a NEW is not allowed to instigate)

I want to know the name of the player you got your information from, because it's false. I'd also like to know your in-game name as I am going to sort this matter out.

My icq is 9-626-593 (Elaine) or you can pm me here with the names I need.
  14. Bumping this

@ RichDC, I'm still waiting for names from you.
  15. RichDC

RichDC Guest

My chars name is Full English...Cannot remember the person who took me to the NEW guild tower

The rules above were explained to me, and as i have no interest in stealing from a packhorse in ROT we had a chat and decided it wouldnt be the best guild for me to join,

I have no hard feeling towards NEW we left amicably and i even agreed not to steal from NEW (kinda regretting that tho :p)

i was meerly pointing out that as a PvP thief you cannot join NEW
  16. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Apr 12, 2001
    Also this ninja flute or ninja belt and stars should do the trick.
    Give me a call if you want to join NEW, ICQ 7869331
  17. You actually said in your first post you couldn't join NEW because you were a thief, which is not the truth and implied we don't allow thief templates to join. (see Rico's post below yours)

We now have clarity and find you chose not to join if you couldn't steal from players while you had a NEW tag. NEW don't have any pvpers, no matter what template they are training, that comes after they join other guilds.

Our rules have been in place for many years, and we can't allow anyone to mis-inform, so you can understand why I had to clear this up.
  18. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Of course :)