1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Another Proposition Regarding Faction Gear ...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Hef, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Hef

Hef Guest

Since UO screwed us with silver prices being 5x higher than prodo shards maybe we can fix this ourselves. Obiviously the price of 10x per silver is too high for most people and is causing a bit of a problem. I was thinking maybe we can all agree to sell gear back at 5x per silver i.e.

25k Fey legs
    50k Crims
    75k Heart
    100k Crystalline
    125k Orni

etc...

It sucks for some of the new guys like TDO to fight when they know they can't replace their gear so easily. Maybe by lowering the prices we can have people be more willing to fight. What do you guys think?

2. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I think based on the relative ease of farming silver....we should lower the prices. I'll gladly start farming and dropping prices to 15-20 per coin.

3. archite666

archite666 Guest

Well its impossible for me to sell back the stuff I loot any cheaper, however I have had to buy a couple things back so i'm all for it.

However I don't think most people care about the price, the complaining I hear mostly relates to trashing items.

Perhaps we can strive to not trash each others stuff?

4. Hef

Hef Guest

I personally don't trash anyone's stuff and don't plan on it. Infact depending on the person I give it back for free. We setup a bunch of LOW vendors outside Yew Gate just to the east. Check their for your faction gear.

5. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I think before you go making anymore propositions, you should get your dog on a leash. :D

Nothing will work out in the end; when and if you guys kill someone, multiple people loot that person, and your rabbid dog getting an item or two. . .

Just my .02. I guess we'll see when we're in the field again.

6. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hef, its not the pricing I think that 10 per works for everyone. If TDO can buy that Luna plot of GU for many many millions, they can afford 10 per.

For me and most of the TNT crew its just a numbers game, at this current time LOW can field 7 or 8 and we can only filed 1/2 that...hence the tamer wave...gm leather few regs no big deal!

I for one would love to be able to fight your guild every night as do 4 or 5 other TNT, the problem we need to get all of those people on at the same time and it hasn't happen for a while.

We can field 7 at best and the last time we had that many on we had 3 great nights of fights...I can only hope that the happens more.

I think a solid sell back policy would help keep the pvp going strong, the problem is way to many people to have a policy. As for me anything I loot is on my SE luna vendor with in 1/2 hour, no need to post or icq I simply put it on at 10 per. If ieveryone did this (alot do, dont get me wrong) the pvp would flow!

Hef one last question, are you and Loki really handcuffed together IRL?? !! JK !!

thanks for trying to keep thing moving!!

7. Hef

Hef Guest

Your right Sakey .... D is his own man and I'm not his keeper. So he if he holds or trashes your gear you guys should give him the same treatment. But for the most part I can get 99% of the guild to agree on this if everyone else will. RP it is about the cost cuz I have seen people say its too much gold for their suit back and if they die like 2-3 times they are broke hence cant buy their suit back hence can't PvP. Also TnT has always run stealthers and tamers that is why Loki is running his temp to counter you guys. And yes Loki is my Biatch. :D

8. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Like we talked about in icq, we'll see when we see. It looks good on 'paper' and I surely will be doing the same proposition you came up with. I like 10gp per, I do not feel that is expensive or overpriced.

It will come down to someone getting mad, due to not getting their entire suit while others expect theirs. :) Then that person will be hesitant on whether he/she should sell / hold for trades / trash.

I say, take it off Siege!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll just go back to my regular CCs, RBCs, Fey Legs, etc.

9. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

So what it has come down to is that if people can´t use faction arties they can´t PVP? They won´t use other stuff cuz they feel they can´t compete?

And we still want this stuff on Siege?

I don´t mean to derail this thread, I´m just curious...

10. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I lowelled :D

11. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It makes me lowell that one player has that much of an impact on the whole server. He singled handledy ( by keeping, and or trashing items. and I know he killed you with the guild. I know he wasnt all by himself. ) got you guys to stop playing?

Is that what Im hearing?

I hope not to be the case, his ego is big enough! :gun:

12. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I can't speak for KOC.....but he hasn't stopped anyone from TNT from playing. The only thing he started was trashing faction items again. I think this is how it started before I was playing. Hmm.....wasn't Big D in KOC at that time?

I don't mind farming for silver....even if I get ganked while farming. But I can guarantee that I'll keep or trash faction items too. My faction items were trashed 3 weeks ago and since then.....I've looted many of LOW's faction items.

I'm sure soon, we will all be farming for silver. Maybe every guild KOC, LOW, TNT, TDO, JSV etc can change our temps to raid all these silver spots. I think we will get more action that way, hehe.

13. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I dont want to go dig the post up, but I may have read it wrong ( or rememberd it wrong ) but werent you saying that tnt would be resorting to playing tamers with gm armor bc of it all?

Just curious.

14. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yes......I did say that and since then, I havn't lost any faction items. I've only looted faction items.

15. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Im all up for this new Proposition, but make sure you get 99% to follow the sell back rules please. I notice a few of your members rather keep peoples items and wait till they die and just trade stuff back instead of just selling back right away... Not saying its everyone but their have been a few... Which kinda sucks making people wait to trade there suit back.

16. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

and if this is a new policy that your trying to get everyone to support.....well, your guild needs to lead the way. For TDO.....I give their items back free and I've received same from them.

I agree with Sakey.....its aalways looks better on paper. It only takes one person to ruin everything....hint hint hint. :)

17. Hef

Hef Guest

Well all you guys can say what you will ... if I get loot it will be on my vendor at Yew gate for 5gps per or if I like you give it back for free. I will lead by example and hope I get the same treatment but I wont get my hopes up. :(

18. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I wouldnt either, why would you guys just start being mature and civil for one another after years of the opposite.

I hope it works out for any of you who still enjoy UO.

Because at the looks of it, you guys make it sound like UO is dieing and this is the last ditch effort to get people to log in and pvp.

19. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

This looks like your last ditch effort to be known in this community. :lick:
    Superboy, give it up already! *Flex*

20. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for not answering any of my questions... Great job, reading comprehension skills ftw!

But than again how could you accurately answer a question when you play atlantic.

*waits for BR to chime in*

21. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Hef, I think your a reasonable person and very cool and have never had any problems with you...Your idea is a "Good" idea...but I strongly feel this isnt the Comunity building shard it once was...Do I love UO and Siege? (Yes)

But it gets very draining having to put up with all the asshats who ruin it for everyone else...While I applaud your effort once more...I rather see people farm silver and trash the items, rather then listen to the bull**** and have to keep score on who treated who fair or not....gets to damn old

I am not threating to do that, Im only implying it wouldnt be out of the question..

22. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Aww, another kid that assumes he knows wtf I do. CUTE

23. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

I say we just yell and moan till they remove faction items from siege!

24. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

So can you answer my question than if you are actively playing siege?

Or do you want me to spell it out in crayon, Im sure I can fit you into my class, right now its just Elmer but I always got room for others willing/wanting to learn. Lemme know if your interested.

Class starts at 7:00am, dont be late. Well be waiting for you, goodnight fan boi! :love:

25. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Aww, you try so hard in your posts. :bowdown:

26. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Why dont you log into siege and see who is playing rather then just assuming someone is playing atlantic... I can speak for sakey even though he does not feel that he need to prove anything to you... He plays siege and very often...

I can't even remember the last time he played Atlantic but I do laugh every time you and lil D try to say where he plays...

27. Turtle

Turtle Guest

I know where he plays, its under my desk with his buddy Monolith..

28. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

There D goes again...dreaming about lil ole' Sakie. I'd say the roles are definitely reverse though, seeing how you get curb stomped on your mage.

29. Turtle

Turtle Guest

I'll let you know when I care about mage dueling. Now hold your breath, something your really good at.

30. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

:sad3:

31. archite666

archite666 Guest

Hm... I mean I could see how 1v1 in a pit with rules may be silly to some, but wouldnt 1v1 in the field be very similar?

So this statement more or less translate to " I'll let you know when I care about being able to kill you 1v1 without help....which I'm admiting I can't"

Thats what your saying right? I mean theres nothing wrong with that, theres plenty of people I can't kill 1v1, I just want to make sure were on the same page.

32. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

Hahahahahaha PWN3D! :lick:

33. Turtle

Turtle Guest

I have no problem killing Sakie on the field. Just like you, if I actually catch you your going to die. The big difference between you two is the form of cowardice. He runs away real fast and you just run in a house when you see me. There's a simple rule KOC goes by: If you see D on the field just run.

Both of you follow that rule to perfection.

34. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Did someone buy my items up or did they not make it to Loki's vendor?

35. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

So you will field fight one of us 1 v 1 on foot so no one can run away?

I mean your excuse for everything is people run away from you blah blah... then if there in a duel pit the rules are dumb etc... So you should have no problem field fighting one of us 1 v 1 on foot then...

Insert Excuse here------------> X_____________

36. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

LOL Then please do it. You haven't once killed me on either char 1v1. That's with your tamer, because we both know you're garbage on the mage.

p.s. Kage told me to say how I really feel- You're a sad, delusional ****. Come back to reality big boy.

37. archite666

archite666 Guest

Hmm, I fail to see how you openly admit sakie owns you in a duel but somehow in the field its different 1v1?

So let me get this straight... cause I still don't think were on the same page,

1v1(no mount)= sakie pwning your face
    1v1(with mount)= sakie running like the wind from you?

Wow you must have one scary horse....

Now as for me...I dont run straight into a house, I tend to run around you, invis, let you reveal me, laugh at how hard you try, run in circles some more, watch you cuss and moan and attempt to insult me.

In truth, without dismounting, theres really no frickin way one bushido mage could kill another bushido mage in the field. Dont know what you run now.

So why do I run around you laughing? because we both know, no matter what, the other is gonna run and confidence when he gets low. The only difference is, half the time you have guildies on the way and I dont bother.

At best, we waste a ton of regs casting and running

At worst, you call in your guildys, I die.

So instead of simply running, I have fun with it, run in circles, type funny ****, and generally just frustrate you till you log on your tamer.

I mean thats what you did after I pulled that on you twice in a row anyway

38. archite666

archite666 Guest

WOW kages post totally pwns mine!

Thats a good question kage... I want to know the answer too!

39. Turtle

Turtle Guest

I never said Sakie pwns me in a "mage duel", he did.
    For being garbage on a mage I sure did kill ALOT of KOC, including Sakie with a nice Flamestrike finish. I Also killed him 3vs1 when he was playing Carbon Copy, you know Kage - you were there, so was Pwn. But I suppose those don't count in your tiny parents basement because there was a mob around but it was 3vs1 in the FIELD so cry about mobs you can't handle but I can while being outnumbered. Again, I've killed all of KOC 1v1 and even outnumbered in the field on my mage and on my tamer.
    If you'd like to cry about templates, feel free but I had no trouble waxing your pathetic faces on my mage either. Somehow its more fun now on a tamer because you cry SO much more.

:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

40. archite666

archite666 Guest

Wow, that sure is alot of "hate language" there bucko.

I'm confused whose crying?

ah silly board pvp....

And really? tiny parents basement? whys the basement gotta be tiny?

41. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

D, I think I'd be sad if you ever came back to reality Sir. Keep up the good storytime, it's great comic relief when I get home to relax.

42. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I use to say the same thing about Elmer until "storytime" got old.

rocks - glass - house

Now I pray for him to come back, But I think he is beyond help.

43. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

*SUPER FLEX*

44. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Sakie Fail Posts:

Reality
    Storytime
    :sad3::sad3:
    Duel me

Please come up with some new material when you realize your wrong.

45. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

And I say -- Please come up with some truth for once in your life. :hug: