1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[General] Another reforging question - DCI

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Good Grief, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Good Grief

Good Grief Journeyman

What is the highest Defense Chance Increase you can reforge on a non-ranged weapon?

So far the highest I've been able to get reforging a bunch of kyrss' is 20 DCI using the following method:

Powerful Reforging
    Grand Artifice
    Towering of Aegis

In the past I've made plenty of throwing weapons that I swear came out with as high as 35 DCI, but so far nothing for non-ranged weapons.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Throwing and Archery weapons have a much higher HCI & DCI cap, from being meant to be used without a shield (even though throwing weapons can be used with a shield).

For Runics, this is
    15% cap for Melee weapons
    25% cap for Ranged weapons

The overcapping for reforging has similar separation between Melee and Ranged.

3. Good Grief

Good Grief Journeyman

Yeah that doesn't make much sense, because then 2 handed weapons should have the same caps as ranged weapons ya know.

20% DCI is the best I could get with reforging using up to a gold runic.