1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Another returning player, which shard?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by turbowaffle, Aug 26, 2008.

1. turbowaffle

turbowaffle Guest

I've been (yet another) off and on player since around 2000. It's been a couple years since I played. Even then, I had only played a bit and it was another year or so hiatus before that. I'm just installing now, so I can't check and see if any of my characters are still around, but I'm wondering, which is the most populated shard? Are there figures for the number of players on at a particular time? I'm not interested in PvP, mostly just going on 'hunts' and maybe getting into some role playing.
  2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    As far as population goes, I think Atlantic is the most populated shard. Personally, I am based on Catskills. Decent population, but not super crowded. Just a few weeks ago I was able to find a spot to place an 18x18 in tram. Fel has more open land for houses, but it's still possible to place in tram with a little luck.

Recently my guild SCB has decided to start up the Friday night hunts again. I've been on a few since I returned last year, it's a good time.
  3. turbowaffle

turbowaffle Guest

So I'm thinking about moving my characters to Atlantic, but I want to socialize a bit there first. Where is a good place to find help for new players on Atlantic? I'd also like to find a guild that's fairly social. I don't mind PvP, but it's definitely not my strong point. I want to get a feel for the more active shards before I shell $20 per character to transfer them from the seemingly desolate Sonoma.
  4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003

GFY Guest

Well... The Syndicate is located on Atlantic, and were always looking for mature team focused players. We have a large presence in UO and there isn't anything we don't do well in game. If you think you might be interested check out our web site at www.llts.org. IF you do send a character to Atlantic hop on over to the Empath Abby roof and say hi. There's usually someone hanging out there and were always happy to help.