1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Another superdragon fix thread.

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by Dragkiris, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Dragkiris

Dragkiris Visitor

Just curious as to how many threads we have had about this and still no fix. The dreadmares are bad but the dragons are just stupid. Tamers dismounting and running in ostard form with a dragon hitting you for 40 dmg and bleed attack...its sad that all this was added yet such a simple FIX is being refused to be implemented.

2. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Isn't it obvious by now that the Devs don't see the greater dragon as an issue...they seem to like to have the tamer template to be overpowered.

3. EDA_GL

EDA_GL Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Just make the dragon do 50% damage to any player character (correct id tag needed)

Make animal form take two control slots!!!! ZING!:gun:

4. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They said they are working on a fix already.

Maybe if you complain enough they may make them even stronger:p

5. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

I just dont get it are you running on foot? When I pvp with my tamer these guys run circles around my dragons. You must realy not be good at running!

Opps tree

opps another player

opps rock

opps house

How much do you run into things to have a dragon out run you?

Think of the dragons and a defensive position instead of an offensive one. It will be easier to handle it. Because truly if you geting dragon whacked youve got some serous lag issues or you just dont run.

6. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I wish the devs would follow up on their numerous mentions that greaters and or tamers were going to get balanced and give us a firm idea of what will happen and when. How long have greaters been out? How long ago did Jeremy mention that a fix would be coming? It's been long enough, the fix should have been published by now.

My concern is now that the sole guy who is charged with balancing things in UO had this on his to-do list along with all the other items, including the new arties and we'll never see a fix this side of Christmas. Which for an issue as sore as this one, is rediculous.

Wenchy

7. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

This wouldn't be an issue if there was proper PVP rules that limited damage from anything dragons included, while in a PVP fight. Untill that happens, and it probably wont cause they will use the "old code" as an issue Instead of rewriting it in a proper way that does work. Who knows.. maybe in this lifetime there will be a proper code in place for that.

8. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i think the part that sucks the most is when i get killed by the dragon the system takes 600 gold out for insurance instead of the 300 pvp insurance gold..

now if the system doesnt know im not attacking a tame pet, then how can it limit the dmg it does to me..

9. Messiah

Messiah Guest

I believe that if you give your pet the all kill command and attack a player your pet should automatically die. If i wanted to PvM, i'd go to Tram, not fel yew gate.

10. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you go to Yew gate expecting to find PvP I think you're a tad optomistic...

Wenchy

11. Dragkiris

Dragkiris Visitor

Its easy enough to get away from the dragon but alot you will get hit once from it if your trying to kill the tamer (thats about 40 damage) then whatever spell the tamer had up or he shoots you with his bow (another 20-30 dmg) and then the almighty firebreath from 4 screens away for 70 damage.

12. Altec

Altec Guest

A bola dismounts you 100% of the time. The dragon can fireball you and cast on you from like 4 screens away apperently you just don't how to fight with a dragon.

13. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Jeez guys, adapt.

I love my greater dragon.

14. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Messiah, do you realize how many people the 'All kill' attack on a player' would effect as far as champ spawners go? How fair is that, if a tamer is doing a champ spawn with friends, and they get raided, he/she CANNOT use their weapon because they will insta die from sicking their pet on someone raiding their spawn? I guess you don't do champ spawns since you only PvM in Trammel though.

I used to enjoy PvP for the fun factor, and fighting against classy people. Nowadays I could care less how I kill someone because lately it's just trash talk, speeder, UOMedic. PvP isn't as fun as it used to be. I don't care about getting someone's insurance money. I kill people on my tamer to **** them off because they are arseholes.

So once/if they fix the superdragon, are you gonna start complaining about other pet combos?

Dragkiris, do you realize that a tamer can outrun their own pet and leave it in the dust in animal form or on a mount? If you ran far enough, the only way their pet could stay up to speed is if they were to use a pet-ball, and that can be interrupted.

15. ElRay

ElRay Guest

Yah, but you love roadkill too, so thats not saying much

16. Aran

No I don't

17. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Para fields seem to screw up dragons and their owners.

Badly, for the most part.

18. ElRay

ElRay Guest

Ok then,

You like playing with blonde haired legos though

19. Aran

Legos don't have hair.

Get a clue.

20. ElRay

ElRay Guest

then you must be mentally challenged as well as blind, as your sig has a blonde haired lego man in in it. I'll donate some change to you so you can "buy" a clue

21. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I think his point was that it's not hair, it's plastic.

But, seriously, Moose...
    What?

22. red sky

red sky Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Crybaby, I eat super dragons for breakfast...

23. Aran

Must give you some awful gas

24. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Is that your excuse?

25. Aran

I don't need an excuse, I'm a man, baby!

26. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

But, you looked so pretty in tights ;)

27. Aran

Sorry Kimi, you'll have to get Fae's permission before you can jump on me.