1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-mage Tactics

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Playhardgopro, May 22, 2009.

1. I had an idea:

Run any warrior template with:

2/[4] casting;
    a SC weapon; and
    either JOAT or low magery,

so that you can cast weaken/clumsy/feeblemind to disrupt any mages that try to cast slower spells.

Would this be worthwhile? I guess it would be mainly for 1v1 situations - target the mage early on and have a cast weaken / last target macro. Then just play normally and any time they try to cast a spell you really don't want them to, use it.
  2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    I think you'd be better off adding 60 necro to your build for pain spike or omen. Or just keeping on them with the weapon.
  3. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

w/out awesome MR/LMC/Mana/med you're going to run out of mana yourself...

And it'll be hard doing much damage if you're always casting trying to interrupt them. Not to mention finding a SC weapon (more than likely w/out -casting on it) that has desireable PvP mods as well.

It's an interesting idea, but you could do the same with pain spike like mentioned. Don't need SC on the weapon too.
  4. Pain Spike / Omen

Pro - harms the opponent

Con - requires 60 Necro (whereas you can cast weaken with JOAT?)

How fast do these spells cast? As fast a weaken?

Mana Issues

Probably not an issue. Very minor mana cost and I think you would only cast to interrupt the odd spell (their last ditch greater heal, maybe; whenever the chance their luck at a flamestrike?).
  5. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Give it a shot and let us know =)