1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti Stealther Template talk thread.

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Good_Ole_Lefty, Dec 17, 2007.

1. I don't know about you guys, but I had it with stealthers. So I thought it would be fun to bat around some anti stealther templates and see what would be viable in PvP to combat these pests.

I was thinking of

120 Magery
    120 Med
    120 Eval
    120 Resist
    100 Tracking
    100 Detect or throw in spellweaving
  2. Jaimes

Jaimes Guest

I've had marginal success with casting revenants.. but you need a high skill investment (120 Necro/SS) for that to be completely effective.

I definitely have had urges to make an anti-stealther template... let us know how well it works!
  3. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    I like the idea of the template... but 200 skill points that is dead in PvP [​IMG]... sorta sucks in a way
  4. Maybe Detect hidden would be enough.

"Having a high Detect Hidden skill helps to automatically reveal people that stealth in your vicinity."
  5. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

I really don't know what to do vs a good stealther. If he has ninja and drops smoke bombs... tracking might help but reveal spell doesn't really work vs stealth. In my experience anyway.

I'm open to any suggestions on tatcis vs stealthers. EQ, Chain lightning, meteor swarm, don't do much, they just walk away.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Theres a few ideas that I've had with dealing with them and also dealing as them.

Keep a macro for conflag pot, drop it at your feet as soon as you run through something.
    For spawns and otherwise, a guildmate of mine ran a stealther with tracking and detect which he used to great effect. He ran it on 2nd computer and used it to protect so it was a good all around character.

The template seems a good idea although theres the thought of wasting 200 skill points on just the stealthers.
  7. Hard to figure out what to do really.

If detect works like the description. I think that skill alone would be worth it. Instead of 1-4 tiles you could pop him out of stealth passively when he comes on screen with gm detect. Hope it works that way.
  8. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

Could you get by with just 100 detect?

I'm wondering if you could just detect every so often or if you walked threw something if it would work?

Do you need both tracking and detect for it to be effective?
  9. From what I gather it increases the radius as well as the chance to detect passively and also increases your reveal strength vs stealth/hide.

I have yet to test it. Training it up now on a red mage. Still have to think out the template though.
  10. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

How about:

Basically an inscribe mage template swapping out inscribe for detect