1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-Virtue Dungeon artie drops

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by seastragg, Jun 10, 2008.

1. seastragg

seastragg Guest

Hummm been hunting deamons and gargoyles in hyloth with 1432 luck suit for about 3 hours now, estimated kill of 120 deamons and 60 gargoyles with no arties yet, anyone know what the drop rate is?
  2. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    its so slow now, that the fact they are dropping is like a myth. Since they "fixed" the increased monster spawn rate in Felucca, I have yet to see one.
  3. Now go to Despise level 1 and slam the bejeebus out of Lizardmen. Honest. Drop them as fast as you can.

Before Super Dragons began eating me for lunch I would spend 1 hour nailing dragons in Destard then make a round of Despise 1 followed by Shame 1 then Despise 1 again. Typically it was Despise that dropped for me - without Shame being needed.

Once I got a drop I went back to dragons.
  4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008
    Are you using a tamer or using a mage using summoning spells? If yes, I seem to recall that you don't get credit or you get less credit for purposes of getting the artifacts for anything your pet or summons killed without you giving the "kill" command. I can't find anything that confirms this, though.

I did dig through some old Five on Friday articles and publish notes from last September and October and found these tidbits of information, for whatever they're worth:

• The event uses the Guaranteed Reward Point system, which was created for the Treasures of Tokuno event. This system keeps track of the monsters you kill in the event area and gives you an increasing chance to get a special loot drop as you kill more monsters.
    • Monsters that have higher fame increase your chances faster. (Keep in mind that monsters in Felucca give 30% extra fame.)
    • Higher luck will improve your chances for a loot drop.
    • The overall loot drop chance for this event will be lower than ToT, as we are planning for it to run for quite a while - very possibly permanently.
    • Your points DO NOT reset if you log out - no marathon hunting sessions required!
    • Keep in mind that at no time is a drop guaranteed, it simply becomes more and more likely - so some people will get lucky and get them quickly, and some people will be unlucky and take longer.
    • You will get less credit towards the new dungeon drops if you are hidden when the monster you are fighting dies.
    • You will get no credit if you are more than 16 tiles away from the monster when it dies.
    • Being in a party does not affect the drops or the points given out out all. However, if multiple people are fighting the same creature - whether or not they're in a party - that does affect the rate of points given out.
    • To get points [while in a party], everyone [in the party] must make the top attackers list. (The top attackers list is simply the top 16 damagers.) So you can't party up then let someone else do all the work, and still get credit. Next, points are scaled based on where you are on the top attackers list. The overall highest damager [in the party] will get the same amount of points he would when soloing - everyone else [in the party] will get increasingly smaller amounts, down to about 1/7 of the usual if there are more than 12 attackers on the list. So while fighting with two or three people could be much more efficient in terms of kills per hour, and therefore total points, having a full group may be less efficient for the people who tend to do less damage. On the other hand, if you want to take your crafter out to do some hunting, pair him up with a fighter and make sure he smacks each critter at least once, and he will get some credit for the kill.
  5. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

Yup! This works. Bet ya have one in 5 minutes or less. This is the exact tactic I used.