1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anti's ?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by GarthGrey, Jan 2, 2014.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Can anyone elaborate on what this used to be/mean on siege, and which guilds did it and whether it was frowned upon or celebrated ? Just curious.

2. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

antis were anti pks, they were basically pks but blue and would only attack reds or a flagged person. They would also travel in large packs, and were never seen alone. As you can tell by all those kss photos recently. They were usually on the lower end of the pvp scale.

3. Piram Agrivar

Piram Agrivar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hey! I resemble that remark... low end PVP... I didn't rate that good... but it was a whole lotta fun back then...

QueenZen likes this.
  4. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not to be confused with notos.

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Not all correct, Noto PK's would only attack red and grey, where anti PK's would go after non RP PK's, noto PK's and other players not respected of the community. I was a RP red for around 10 years on Siege, I never had trouble with the Anti PK's.

I remember BIH, SHR, KSS but think there was a few more. Many Anti PK guilds did have red members too as not all PK's are red, noto PK's counts as PK's too :)

6. Chrysallis

Chrysallis Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Blimey! !?? After reading those explanations I need a drink. *goes to look for Captain's special stash of rum*

Spiffykeen likes this.
  7. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

[​IMG]

:) Sorry could not resist posting these photos, of Siege again. :)

[​IMG]

#7 QueenZen, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    FrejaSP likes this.
  8. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

9. Donal Mor

Donal Mor Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend LDH

^^ This. I will add. It the golden days (well before KSS)... people fought on the basis of guild (and their affiliates). It did not matter whether you were blue or red. Most everyone was red eventually. Only newcomers, merchants, and noto PKs were blue. Siege was sort of topsy turvy from production shards... instead of red = dead... blue => dead, unguilded => dead, unless you were a known merchant. Even non aggressive folks went out of their way to turn red to avoid kill on sight. There was a point in time where it was very hard for a newcomer to find a blue to kill to turn red. Merchants were reluctant to volunteer but some did. Unguilded folks were KoS because they often were those cast out of their guilds for bad behavior or cowards who quit their guilds to avoid something or other. Newcomers were encouraged to join a guild quickly... which led to NEW... to provide them a tag quickly among other useful assistance.

Anti... if you could even really call it that, was as Freja suggested, targeted on those who made no effort to RP or act maturely in any way, griefy game play, trashy names, trashy in game talk. Even your generally aggressive guilds, the Dark Tower comes to mind, went out of their way to crush these sorts of 'PKs'.

The term I like to use in game is 'Agents of Discord'. You have life and unlife (undead). Lawful (heroes) and Unlawful (villains). Then you have discord. Discord unmakes all. Discord talks trashy (looking at you gen chat). Discord uses unconventional naming (ex. ISpreadEm). Discord uses the coin of discord (ie real $$). Discord is the true evil of the land.

Blaeke and FrejaSP like this.
  10. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

Most veterans were attracted to Siege by the freedom to kill whoever they felt needed killing without any of the baggage of "non consensual PvP" from the olden days. So many guilds who were seen as "good guys" or PvP guilds on their old shards went red on Siege. The most dangerous guilds on Siege were those that were involved in consensual order/chaos warfare on their former shards, because they had experience fighting fully equipped as a group. I knew BiH (perhaps the most well known of the Anti-PK guilds) back when they played on Atlantic, and they actually remind me more of a guild like KSS, not the other infamous Atlantic guilds like "The Mercs" or "The Pluggers". So, they had the necessary guild structure, leadership, and attitude ... but not the PvP experience.

I don't recall anyone other than Orcs having a problem with turning red, but that's because they were newbies, and people often just clicked cancel on the murder count screen; but Donal's memory may go back a bit further than mine. Certainly there were people lining up to help me turn red, lol.

Anyway, this left what some felt was a gross imbalance on the shard. Personally, I think guild .vs. guild combat is fine, but bigger battles were helping the shard grow, and the "blue side" wasn't holding up so well. Some of the red guilds actually worked off their counts, turned blue, and various alliances were formed to try to organize the Anti-PK side so they could hold up their end. This eventually resulted in #Anti being formed, and the Anti-PK side's peak of power.

Alas, the UO:R patch came out, and the biggest PK guild on the shard (GC) quit in droves. Factions later came out, and some of the main leaders on the Anti side dropped out of the alliance. Without their leadership, the movement became far less than what it was and NPK'ing started to take over.

#10 CorwinWE2, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  11. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Interesting responses and thanks for enlightening me.

12. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

No. That would still be an anti-pk. A noto pk (which is what players like me and Forsaken are) is a player who is blue and kills based on notoriety. If you are red, grey or orange to the noto, then you were a target. These are also the players who would flag grey - try and kill those who attacked them (who would thus be grey to the noto-pk).

If you've never had trouble with an anti-pk, and you were a pk... then you weren't looking at an anti pk. The "Anti-pking" was mainly an RP thing. Noto pking is more the pvper thing... These made up things seem like they're all in your head. I don't expect non-pvpers to know things in and out, but I find the made up definitions for UO terms strange...

#12 Draxous, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  13. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

*Hat off* You are one of the few Noto PK, that admit it, most Noto PK's call them self Anti PK's, even when they are a Noto PK or also called blue PK :)

CorwinWE2 likes this.
  14. -Nevela-

-Nevela- Visitor

So if an anti-pk meets a pk do we get a strong sticky gravitational pull that everything freezes resulting in vendors losing customers followed by a formation of strikes
    resulting in high inflation and monster forming unions? or is it just a delta function ? resulting in periodic spike :confused:

15. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

This is the crux of the confusion. From the early days of UO there were players who were turned red (or grey) for the dumbest of things, and then would invariably end up being attacked, killed, or hunted by guilds which called themselves "anti PKs" when in effect they were "noto PKs" ... their decision was based on flagging color. If you actually killed them, they'd run back to town and scream at the bank that they were pk'd and try to get others to come and avenge their failed attack.

Anyway, this is something which can't be supported by role-play unless you take the literal stance that people in Brittania actually change color based on their actions.

I've been involved in some justice, territorial, and neutral guilds and we just avoided the term and tried our best to get our members to judge based on reputation and actions, and not on color flagging. When the Wind Elders was founded on Atlantic, our official policy wasn't to judge another player by color or even anything they did outside of Wind.

Even on Siege some of the major anti guilds were constantly being castigated for noto-Pk'ing. They weren't always the "good guys". It takes either a great group of players or strong leadership and a lot of work to run a group that can adhere to any set of rules beyond do what you want and we'll back you up. Heck, even when you have a great group of players, it's still easier to just take an us .vs. them approach. Well, at least if you're a PvP guild, and you see a new war as a good thing.

FrejaSP likes this.
  16. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

There is a thing of pride for notos, not to go red. The better you are, youre able to fight essentially anybody and stay blue, if youre good enough. All those people you described failed. They got punished for it. No need to boo hoo about it. Pay the dues and try again.

Nobody need wonder why my in game persona can be such a jerk. ;)

#16 Draxous, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  17. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Full circle moment: It's pretty ironic that if you think about it: this game has embraced PvPing and killed the RP of anti-pking (felucca) at the request of the non-pvping role players. lol

18. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

I don't think anyone requested Trammel, the popular request was for a "pk switch", so they could just go about their affairs without worrying about being attacked or stolen from unless they opt'd in. Certainly there were role-players interested in this, but the appeal was much broader than that. I seem to recall the role-players that hoped they'd be able to hold their own private battles in Trammel without interference from outsiders ran in to some troubles with the restrictions, but don't really know much about what went on over there.

Trammel was a great recruiting tool for Siege.