1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any Atlantic Tamers?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Pazuzu, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

I've had a post on the East Coast Trade forum for several days, wanting to buy a super good Cu Sidhe and Greater Dragon, and while a couple have posted some they have, none of them ever get back to me. :/

I can't find any good ones to self-tame. I run through the Weald checking the Cu's every chance I get and while there's been some "ok" ones there's always 2-3 things "wrong" with em, so I don't grab em. The Greaters, well, same deal.

Anyone on Atlantic have a quality Cu and/or GD they could spare? Or want to help me look for some good fresh ones to work on? :)

2. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

No one eh? o_O

3. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Who let you out of the Siege forums?!

How is the brainwashing supposed to take if you keep getting exposed to outside influences? =]

4. ejpeters

ejpeters Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Keep taming and killing until you find a good one. I just tame them and check stats then if they aren't what I want I let them fight against another and release right before they die.
    Just keep going until you find a decent one.

5. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

I can't afford to kill Cu's. My karma's not ultra-high, and killing them lowers it a lot... :D

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Once you tame them, command them to attack another cu. Right before the cu dies, release it. The cu will die and you won't incur any karma loss.

7. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

You SURE? Every time I've attempted that kind of thing, I end up with karma loss anyway, heh.

8. Taylor

I try to tame a couple cus a day, just to stay in shape. I never lose any karma and Fallon is glorious lord. However, this doesn't necessarily mean you won't lose karma. UO can be a bit buggy, you see, and we could have very different experiences. ;)

9. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

Yeahhh, that's why I'm always leery of "tricks", heh.

Karma, I don't care about, other than ... not a good idea to go into the Weald with -Karma hehehehe. Made that mistake once.

10. Taylor

lol, sounds exciting.

11. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

For about 1/4 of a second, sure.

Then 30 seconds of "wtf, why did the fairies wtfpwn me?"

"Oh yeah, this is my necro... they don't really like necros here."

12. Taylor

lol, nice. Screenshots? :p

13. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

If I had a screenshot of every "omg that was awesome/funny/********/etc" moment from all my MMO history... I'd, ummm, well, have a ... lot of screenshots? Heh.

I do have a lot of quotes from my 8 years in EQ1 - I'd link the randomizer here but many of them violate Stratics TOS. ;)