1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any Chance of a Book Dye Tub?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RaDian FlGith, Jun 1, 2009.

1. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And by "book," I mean simply the little red and purple books we have today. I'd be fine with a limited palette like the statues or special dye tub, though I'd prefer a palette like the furniture dye tub...

But in short, it'd be nice to have player-made books that weren't all purple and red. It'd help with things like player-run museums, because you could put different types of information (such as regular in-game stuff, BNN stuff, and casual information stuff) all in different color books and have it stand out for people taking a tour.

2. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I would really love a runebook dye tub with the furny tup options... and a furny tub with the leather tub options.

Never quite understood why hot pink furny is ok but hot pink runebooks are not :p

pretty please

3. Those books are purple?

I could have sworn they were blue.....

4. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes to this idea! :thumbsup:

5. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

it would be nice. atleast more quests to get more book colors like thoes blood read ones from haven

6. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Yeah, this! I don't care about dying tubs (It's not that hard to inscribe something to a new book) but I'd love to see new quests for new colored books. I love my red-leather bound books!

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea!

A shelf full of only two colors of books is ugly at best, and downright confusing if you are looking for a specific text...

"Was it this tiny red one, or that one.. or maybe this one... or one of those six over there?" *casts Copr Por on self*

8. RaDian FlGith

RGB 90, 74, 115... most definitely purple. :)

9. RaDian FlGith

I don't mind it being a quest, but they better reward me more than 1 at a time. heh

10. RaDian FlGith

Yeah, I'm with you on both of these too...

And one more request... please make the book dye tub (or covers or whatever... heck, I'd buy -- or craft -- one cover at a time and use one dye per cover in the process if need be... whatever) so that anyone can use them. This shouldn't be a vet reward. :)

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well, there is the book quest in New Haven ... just make it a quest given by every scribe in the land, each consistently offering their own distinct hue?

12. This is a perfect example of why the Bod anvil deeds should be labeled with ore type.... ;)

13. there are several rare EM books with different hues, and they would be severely devalued with the introduction of a book dye tub. The only way I would support this idea is if the dye tub also added a marker in the name to signify that it is dyed with a tub (like an exceptionally crafted mark, except saying "Dyed" or something).