1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any chance we will have Catapults, or be able to build up gulid cities similar to how Shadowbane did

Discussion in 'UHall' started by HP_Zoro_HP, Apr 30, 2013.

1. HP_Zoro_HP

HP_Zoro_HP Seasoned Veteran

I don't know if anyones ever played Shadowbane, but before it went down (not because it was a bad game but I think they lacked the resources) players were able to build up guild cities and have things like catapults and guards, R1 for level 10-19 R2 for level 20-29 R3 for level 30-39, ect all the way up to "R7". I just thought it would be cool and was wondering if there may be anything similar introduced to UO. Something that which our guild would be responsible for defending when/if it were to ever be attacked. Maybe make it Order/Chaos based or something to encourage that system?

2. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

cant even get factons to work and you want more ????

yars likes this.
  3. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I am waiting for a hot air balloon to fly around in. :)

Only way I know to keep up with the Gargoyles and it is a part of UO lore so I am sure it will show up one day :)

Please ..... hehehe

Kyronix likes this.
  4. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

and I want a Sea Horse to ride on so i can zoom around like ona jet ski :)

5. Lord Nabin

Too Funny ! How about a sea serpent?

6. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not likely with only four devs now. Until EA decides to advertise UO's sandbox strengths, and it's 15 years of content, and puts a classic spin angle on it's graphics to draw in players who are tired of led by the nose leveling games or playing the Sims or Farmville flavor games so we have more paying customers playing UO, there won't be any motivation to do make such a major change.

The best hope would be EA going under and someone buying UO, fixing the billing system, UOstore, and doing some advertising of UO's strengths modern non-sandbox games can't compete against. Then we might see such improvements.

7. Lord Nabin

Now that was just no fun.

How many of your friends have you reached out to, mentored in the game, lead through a Guild experience, encouraged to invite their own friends and built up from their.

The very best marketing is Word of mouth and personal recommendation. You are UO's best advertising.

Take some ownership and get to work :)