1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Any Fishing Pre-chest Loot Considered Rare?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by MYUO, Aug 27, 2008.

1. MYUO

MYUO Guest

Haven't done fishing for a long time. Back in the days, I never heard of any pre-chest loot being rare. Anyone know better? Thanks!

2. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

When the 'recovered from a shipwreck' designation is in the top yellow line of text, that means that it is rather old and hard to find nowadays. Paintings and shells are common enough, but some of the other things are pretty darn rare now. Globes, clocks, barrels, sandals, bones and body parts, etc.

3. MYUO

MYUO Guest

Thanks for reply. A few days ago I turned in a bunch of pre-chest loot after doing 11 ancient sos. They include some globe, barrel and body parts. I thought they were common.

4. What kind of value are we talking about for the rarer pieces?

5. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Don't fret, the ones accepted by the turn-in NPC are indeed common. The text type specified in my post has not been available for many years. Obviously, a subtle difference, but most rares are.

A few hundred thousand (100-600 or so). As mentioned, paintings, shells and pillows are less (maybe 30-250k, with the top end reserved for the large painting pretty much -- maybe pillows coming in second for a bit less.)

6. That's good to know as I have a broken clock and 2 skulls, one facing right and one facing left, along with the various assortment of pillows and the smaller paintings. Funny thing is I picked up at least half of them sitting on the ground next to the turn in guy.