1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any Hope for Imbuers with Keeps?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Viquire, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Okay, so I have a keep on GL with my crafting room tucked neatly in the SE room there. Currently I have my soulforge on the top of that tower necessitating a climb up two flights of stairs between crafting and imbuing runs.

I really wanted to break up the forge and leave the working area against the south wall. (which now works, Thanks Devs!) I have tried all different height positions with gozas and cannot get the #$@&*^*(! thing to place in that room nicely so I can tear it apart. :(

If it has to live on the roof I sure wish I could build it a canopy as exists at the public Royal City forge, or maybe the addition to the crafting menu of a reduced version, or placeable versions of the forge (center piece) and directionally selective anvils would be very very helpful.

I came here hoping to get hints as to how to make this work without moving all my crafting out of doors, but I'm afraid the wall placement in the room above is part of the problem, as it neatly bisects my chosen area for placement.

The art is beautiful and I know the team is proud of it, but c'mon folks throw a crafter a bone here.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

home versions should just be smaller.. I don't have an imbuer, but isn't the forge in the Queen's castle special? gives a bonus and all? does the one in the market square give any type of bonus at all? anyway, as we are the visitors, and are taking parts of their culture to be used in our lands, seems to me that anything we replicate should be a lesser version of what is found there in Ter Mur

3. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I know in my customized house I have my soulforge in a room two stories above my crafting area. As long as I'm below it in the crafting room, I can still use it.

4. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

what assia said. I have a workshop in same spot as you, with the soulforge on the roof of that corner. can use it from the floors below, kinda neat actually.

5. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

WOOT! Thank you folks!