1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any New Super Pets with SA?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Zalan, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Didn`t have time to play in Beta. Just wondering is there any new super Pets with SA? Anything that would compete with most High End Pets:

Greater Pets?
    Greater Dragon
    Cu`shide
    Hiryu

Good?
    White Wyrmms
    Rune Beatles
    Dragon
    Dreads

Okay?
    Mares
    Unicorns
    Bakes

Not so Good?
    Reptalons
    Kirin
    Drakes

2. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

As a generalization, no.

Possibilities - 2 Raptors (2 slot each) with pack instinct. The Hunters Guide does seem to suggest their damage is less than I remember when Open Beta was around.

Skree - Why on earth is such a slug pet a 4 slot? That makes this pet a possibility once the reason for it being a 4 slot is found, OR it may be one of the biggest mistakes in pets yet.

Iron Beetle - Would seem to be set up to mine ore, stones, gems. In Open Beta, this seemed to be mostly broke. Other than that no, I saw nothing during Open Beta. That of course does NOT mean there isn't something now.

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There are a few pets I will most certainly tame:
    A highland/lowland boura combination - the lowland boura has boura pack instinct and they can be shaved for their fur. I've heard reports of a special attack on the highland boura, but I haven't tested it myself. But I'm looking for that combination specifically because the boura have a ton of hit points, even if they aren't offensively super.

2 wolf spiders - I don't care if they're super-pets. I just want pet spiders. Pack instinct is a plus.

A skree - I plan on doing a lot of skree testing, but my limited open-beta testing shows that they're pretty next to worthless. They also have extremely low offensive capabilities.

That's all my stables will allow without releasing my tried and true pets or training up a new tamer, but I'm also curious about the raptors.

And has anyone tried taming a fairy dragon in the last day? Just to confirm or deny what the web page said about them being tameable...

4. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

Actually... I couldn't even find them. The original ones I saw during the beta were in the Abyss and couldn't be tamed. But the message received was the typical one for spawn animals.

I plan on looking further today... sooo... if I run across one, I'll post where and if you can tame it. I WANT ONE!!!

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I tried taming a fairy dragon (far north of the abyss), and could not attempt to tame it.

I was sad.

Then I found the reknowned wyvern, died and was happy again.

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Yup, when I tried taming, got the message, "This creature cannot be tamed." I don't think I was in a mini-champ area...but then, I'm still not especially familiar with the Abyss.

7. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

Did you get the drop down tame thing when you clicked on it? Or was it just clicking the taming skill and targeting the creature?

Again... I have not yet seen one in the release version.